Jump to content

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Yeah I know. It says FI (forced induction) T6 on the paperwork, so I guess it's correct. Which state/suburb are you in mate? I think that has a lot to do with it too.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 5d
Posted

I've been with AAMI since I bought my BF T last year, I'm 31 and this year the "standard" premium was about $600 although I got it down to $300 with a higher excess as I only drive it on weekends.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted (edited)

Since fitting the Process west street plenum kit I contacted my insurer Suncorp, and after being on the phone for over an hour they have added the 'performance' mods to the car, and all it is costing me is an extra $400 on my excess. Still sitting on $130 a month for car/home/contents.

I'm happy with that. Does anyone else have the street plenum kit? if so how much more/who with is it costing you?

Edited by mattyb
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

My Xr6Turbo was 787 new 40+ in CQ now 462.Thing thast amazes me is the RTV is 388.I quiried Suncorp but mate tells me they spend a lot of time working out the premiums of these cars.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 3d
Posted

How do you guys go with mods and insurance, so far AAMI wont touch me when you mention injectors / intercooler exhast is fine

nrma is just bs $3000 without mods

just car is onlyone who will look at me.

23yr male northern beaches in syd no accidents / clean driving record

I'm fine without mods but as soon as I mention mods the premiums go through the roof

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 1m 27d
Posted

I have had good luck with shannons. I am under 25 and they insured my EB turbo which has not been engineered for full comp with $1100

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 13d
Posted

Has anyone had any experience with justcars?

How is there treatment of 21-22 yr old drivers??

I know the quote's gonna be like getting hit in the chest with a wrecking ball...just trying to find out whitch ball to go with..??

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 16d
Posted

Im with cerkez, whats a good insurance company that is good for 21-24 yr old bracket which allows mods? Funnily enough I called aami today to insure a stock F6 typhoon with 1 minor accident in the last 3 yrs and they wanted $8000 from me a year! LOLs Even with highest excess it was $5000 wtf!! Just car is about $3000 from online quote will try shannons 2moro. What else is good people?! Thanksss ps in sydney

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 19d
Posted

you guys are aware how aami is to deal with which is why you get insuramnce in the first place right..I dont know where you are but to my knowledge vehicle is dropped off or towed to there inspection station where they asses it and then beaters turn up there to bid on the repair and cheapest guy wins .. you then recollect your vehicle from aami when done.. doesn't sound like what id want unless it was just some work hack ute..

If I am wrong feel free to correct but this is what happened to one of my brothers cars .. no choice of repairer offered

cheers utemad

My car was written off in 2007 and I was with AAMI. I told them where I wanted the car towed, had it assesed in 2 days and had pay out within 10 days. Old man has been in the smashy bus for 30+yrs and he still rates them. Mates car was flogged on Boxing Day (BRAND NEW Mazda 6 - 12000km's), torched, he has already been sorted, again AAMI.

I am happy with them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...