Jump to content

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

Thanks mate, Amanda is just renewing hers at the moment so I've passed the info on ...

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

Thanks cro,

I will see what they do on a typhoon

Guest schhhtodd
  • Guests
Posted

that place doesnt look too bad, might see what kind of price they can give me next year when my policy atm is up

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 19d
  • Location: West burbs of Melb
Posted

I just called them for a quote and they wouldn't insure my car because it has a FPV wheel installed from factory :crybaby:

they went onto say that they cant insure the T with ANY mods no mater what they are :crybaby:

pitty that, they looked good up until I called them.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 6d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
I just called them for a quote and they wouldn't insure my car because it has a FPV wheel installed from factory  :nono:

they went onto say that they cant insure the T with ANY mods no mater what they are :blush:

pitty that, they looked good up until I called them.

:fool: That really takes the cake, how crazy is that?! :nono:

Cro mate, I hope you never have to find out what they're like at paying out claims... :smilielol::blush:

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
I just called them for a quote and they wouldn't insure my car because it has a FPV wheel installed from factory  :blush:

they went onto say that they cant insure the T with ANY mods no mater what they are :smilielol:

pitty that, they looked good up until I called them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They asked me about the FPV/Sports wheel that I have. I said it was same as standard diameter, but thicker. They said that was fine.

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
I just called them for a quote and they wouldn't insure my car because it has a FPV wheel installed from factory  :nono:

they went onto say that they cant insure the T with ANY mods no mater what they are :blush:

pitty that, they looked good up until I called them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:fool: That really takes the cake, how crazy is that?! :nono:

Cro mate, I hope you never have to find out what they're like at paying out claims... :smilielol::blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it looks like I'll be a guini pig in this one....

I hope they are half decent, because there is no way I'm paying 3k for insurance...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 6d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
Yeah, it looks like I'll be a guini pig in this one....

I hope they are half decent, because there is no way I'm paying 3k for insurance...

You should be right mate. They look/sound like a big company, but if you were really paranoid you could always find out who underwrites their motor insurance and check to see if they're on APRA's Register of Authorised Insurers. I checked that too and although HBA doesn't appear on it, that really doesn't mean much as the underwriter is probably called something else.

Me being me, when I got cheap insurance for my bike and it was done by a mob called Fortron (whom I had never heard of!), I checked the APRA Register just to be sure! :blush::smilielol:

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 20d
  • Location: Hoddles Creek (VIC)
Posted

Some of you may remember that I snapped a rear wheel off my Ute earlier in the year in a little altercation with a gutter, :kissmy:

well I just got the Insurance renewal, dropped from rating 1 to 3, went from $1660.00 to $2680.00, :spoton:

lucky my broker shopped around and got it back down to $2015.00 :kissmy:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: next door..
Posted

that must suck man..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...