Jump to content

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 24d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
$2000 p/a for Shannons.  Insured for up to 600horsepower.  My repairer.  They've been great.

When I was getting my Phase 2 installed, I called Shannons and they said they would only insure me if it wasn't a daily driver. Is yours a daily driver?

Currently, I am paying $1800/mth and I have the APS Phase 2 kit installed. I have insurance through the people that Esanda (I have a novated lease through them) use. I wasn't sure if they would accept modifications especially when it is under a novated lease, but I told them upfront, and they said if its legal and the insurance company has no problem I'm fine.

Cheers

Rob

  • SportCompact.biz
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 23d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

1800 a month is damn expensive insurance! Are you sure you dont mean 1800 a year by any chance? :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 9d
  • Location: Need one..
Posted
Hey PASHEN, just read the details on the mods on your car.... BLOODY AWESOME..!!! Was wondering if you had any pics that you wouldn't mind sharing... would love to see the DJR kit + GT wing and 19's...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey dude, there are heaps of pics of my car on this forum. Try this thread :spoton:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14877

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 9d
  • Location: Need one..
Posted
$2000 p/a for Shannons.  Insured for up to 600horsepower.  My repairer.  They've been great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was getting my Phase 2 installed, I called Shannons and they said they would only insure me if it wasn't a daily driver. Is yours a daily driver?

Currently, I am paying $1800/mth and I have the APS Phase 2 kit installed. I have insurance through the people that Esanda (I have a novated lease through them) use. I wasn't sure if they would accept modifications especially when it is under a novated lease, but I told them upfront, and they said if its legal and the insurance company has no problem I'm fine.

Cheers

Rob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's suprising Rob. Mine is a daily driver, that's what I told 'em too. Only condition is that no-one under 25 drives it, and I have to tell them if I go over 600HP. I am rating 1 as well.

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Hello,

Arg im in distress mode :S

I was all keen after going for a ride in BJ's T to get phase 1.5 aka injectors + unichip and I phoned my insurance RACV and the lady had no idea. I said I wanted to replace injectors and add a piggyback ecu. She couldnt find it on 'the list' and asked her managers and they said no to these engine modifications.

Surley its only fuel injectors and ecu for fuel efficiancy. Not major mods. Anyway what do I do? What did all you phase 1.5 guys do?

Thanks :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 4d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Get a refund and call Shannons :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

talk to a company who has a background in modified cars.. these clowns nowdays wont allow as much as chrome valve caps because its a "performance modification"....

  • FPV521
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m
  • Gender: Male
Posted
talk to a company who has a background in modified cars.. these clowns nowdays wont allow as much as chrome valve caps because its a "performance modification"....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: :lol:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 8d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

I had the same problem with RACV, they had no idea what the "chip" would be classified as, I am now with AAMI who will insure you for 3 modifications ontop of your factory options.

IMHO there is no point advising them of the injectors as they will never pick it, just tell them the chip and you should be fine. :spoton:

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

What he said ..... AAMI. Was with NRMA with my last car completely stock xr6 .

no mods allowed on my T :spoton: Now with AAMI and saved money as well WTF

Modded T cheaper than Stock XR6 ........go figure :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...