Fg F6 Drive Away Prices $

John_

• Member For: 17y 8m 19d
Mate you don't get it do you. Half the globe is in recession, and yes we are heading for one in 2009 wether you like it or not. Interest rates and fuel can be as cheap as chips, doesn't make one difference when the economy has gone into negative growth. People are being laid off every day as we speak. 2009 will be a very tough year. When you don't have a job, you can't afford to buy any new car let alone an FPV or HSV. So this stupid argument about promoting products means SFA. What they can do though to target those few in the economy during these times that have a bit of disposable cash is to sweeten the deal by dropping there prices. If you don't like the resale on your used Ford or Expensive Daewoo taking a hit, then either don't buy new or don't pay full price!

I do get it, (beleive me, I'm one of the ones facing unemployment) but coming into tough times is all the more reason for proper advertising and promotion. By your logic, if customers are running a bit thin you should do nothing to try and attract them to you rather than a competitor. Talk about guaranteeing recession. Lets all stop spending altogether, that'll help move things along! Car sales will drop, but they won't cease altogether.

My point is, Ford and Expensive Daewoo in Australia copped their biggest hit when people started downsizing their cars, primarily for fuel pricing. The FG is more fuel efficient than the BF and VE, fuel prices are back down and interest rates for loans are lower as well. These are all important points that may sway some of the swinging buyers back in their direction, yet nothing has been done.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 5m 13d

so did you buy your $60,000.00 F6?? or has the dealer retracted the offer??

looking at the gross on a deal like that you either got a dealer that failed math at school or you must have photos of someone somewhere....lol

have you bought yet john?

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 29d
I've heard that 08 HSV R8 Clubbies are being had for as low as 50k driveaway at the moment.........gotta admit it would be tough to stump up the extra 17k for an F6...

$51,750 is the cheapest ive seen a MY09 317kw VE Clubby going for.. peanuts !! they look great, sound great and go hard so $17k extra for a phoon is a big ask !!! im in the market in Jan for a new car - I really want an Ego phoon with leather and 19's but if its gonna be $10-15k more than a clubby, il be moving to HSV for sure.

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
Been a while since I've last logged on. Snowed under with work.

Good to see a lot of support from fellow forum memebers who are sick of being ripped off by greedy dealers. There will always be those vested interest parties who will try talk an excellent deal down on the forum because they can't match it.

$59K is a great deal. I'm at just under $59K as we speak and have the particular dealer ringing me ever 2 or 3 days pleading to do the deal. I won't budge though. It's $57K D/A or nothing. I will get it. Most dealers will get down to $60-$61K D/A without too much hassle. It's a buyers market atm and will be for a while. 2009 will only get better for those wanting to buy an FPV or HSV. Only a mug would pay full prive for one of these vehicles, unless they just enjoy throwing their cash out.

To the many members who have PM'd wanting advice on how to do a great deal, I will reply once I've signed up my F6, with what my process was and some handy hints when looking for your next ride.

Also as mentioned anything from the HSV showroom is a lot easier to bargin on. Brand new 317 LS3 auto Clubby for e.g. that I negotiated for a guy at work recently came in at $52K D/A with leather, sunroof and tints brand new! Even got the colour he wanted, which isn't always possible on a super deal.

Deals can be done, anyone who thinks or says otherwise is either not looking hard enough or just going about it the wrong way.

To the supporters, I will be in touch soon.

Cheers.

just out of interest, which HSV dealer did the deal on the clubby? Ferntree?? last I heard brand new GTS's were being offered for $61k on the road from there.. bloody cheap !!

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 28d
there are quite a few around and under 60k if you scroll through the whole list.

Big AL

Not new though...although I'm sure they could be had with a bit of perseverance.

• Member For: 15y 5m 10d

Alot of dealers will list new cars as demo's just to be able to advertise them on carsales!!!

Im dealing with a soon to be closed Ford dealership on a new F6 ute with leather, 6 speed auto, 19" wheels for $52,990!!! Will do the deal this week!!!

Like John says, these deals are out there, just gotta play their game!

• 12" member
  • Donating Members

I just saw a brand new Senator for 54k + ORC @ ferntree gully.. after neg u could probably walk away with it for $50k maybe??? that's bloody cheaper than a G6E T !