coolkid Member 94 Member For: 18y 23d Posted 14/10/08 07:31 AM Posted 14/10/08 07:31 AM hey guys. just thinking about changing the diff in my car and wondering what sort of impact it will have on my fuel economy, im talking maybe a 3.73 diff swap. not 4.11. no one reccomend it coz I cant afford that much a week on fuel lol
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 10d Posted 14/10/08 07:42 AM Posted 14/10/08 07:42 AM I will start by saying sorry, but...I had 4.11 diff gears on my NA XR6 (best mod I ever did) also had a 3000rpm hi-stall, used to get 13.6L/100. I still hold the B-series NA6 record as well.If you go 3.73 you will always be wondering what the 4.11's would be like.
coolkid Member 94 Member For: 18y 23d Posted 14/10/08 08:12 AM Author Posted 14/10/08 08:12 AM so doog with the 4.11's you were still gettin 500 to the tank? dont think I will get stall converter due to my car will be mainly a dd, just the occasional test n tune day. going to 3.73's will still notice a massive increase in acceleration compared to stocko right?
Guest Guests Posted 14/10/08 08:15 AM Posted 14/10/08 08:15 AM I had 4.1's in my BA T with 6 speed manual & 340rwkw... Fuel consumption was barely affected as I drove it like I stole it before & after the swap! Lol.If you're worried about fuel, I'd advise not modding for now
coolkid Member 94 Member For: 18y 23d Posted 14/10/08 08:21 AM Author Posted 14/10/08 08:21 AM not really worried about the fuel, if I was worried about the fuel I wouldnt of bought an xr6 lol, just didnt know how drastically the diff would effect fuel consumption, due to things ive been reading the 4.11 chews through the fuel
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 14/10/08 08:26 AM Posted 14/10/08 08:26 AM just do it.. your always going to chew the fuel if u drive it hard
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 10d Posted 14/10/08 08:30 AM Posted 14/10/08 08:30 AM Mine was my daily driver, yep about 500 per tank and believe me I didn't baby it. You will notice the difference with 3.73 but you will FEEL the difference with 4.11's and people who say it chews through the fuel normally haven't got them. Maybe try 3.9?
Guest Guests Posted 14/10/08 08:35 AM Posted 14/10/08 08:35 AM Forgot the NA ran a different diff to the turbo. They make 3.9's to suit so go for them... That was what I wanted originally but they didn't make them
104ord Member 391 Member For: 18y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: north brisbane Posted 14/10/08 09:24 AM Posted 14/10/08 09:24 AM where can one source these diff gears and what are they worth to get changed over
coolkid Member 94 Member For: 18y 23d Posted 14/10/08 09:33 AM Author Posted 14/10/08 09:33 AM from what ive heard 2 grand with an lsd, or 1300 without. not entirely sure where can get it done yet..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now