tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 28d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 22/09/08 04:09 AM Posted 22/09/08 04:09 AM AMG C63 Just had a good look at one parked outside of my office. I can't think of a better car for the money on the market today. They sh*t all over the M3, have 4 doors, aren't too big, and should be a bit more nimble than a big Falcon too.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/09/08 07:55 AM Author Posted 22/09/08 07:55 AM The problem with these highspec german cars is they are WAY over my budget. A C63/M3 $145,000 car quickly becomes a $180,000 drive away.I have decided to see if I can find a 4door Autech GTR. There were only 200 made, so they are rare, but I can keep the F6 until I find one.I do not want to keep spending more and more money on a car. Getting a $40k GTR vs a $150k+ car is a real no brainer as the money I save can be put to a better use.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/09/08 08:21 AM Posted 22/09/08 08:21 AM MateEnjoy the hunt, not a bad position to be in, you have a nice car and can afford a nicer one should the mood arise. Bloody envious really.Scotty
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 23/09/08 01:19 AM Posted 23/09/08 01:19 AM Zap.My family own 2 new BMW,s and to be frank,they are 2 of the biggest lemon cars ive seen.1 of them has had 6 warranty claims ranging from excessive oil usage(4 litres in 10k)to loose gearbox mounts,loose steering rack,2 dashboard removals to fix major water leaks in the air con and a rebuilt engine.The other has had 2 computer replacements cause things were going burko....Dunno but you could say there isolated incidents but I would not be happy with spending $350 k for 2 cars to be in a workshop half there current owners life waiting for parts.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/09/08 03:40 AM Posted 23/09/08 03:40 AM I'd hate to mention it, but a big fella like you (and me for that matter) just couldn't live with a 3 series, c class or a4 based model. Especially when you need to throw two baby/toddler seats in the back and fit the prams in the boot.Part of the reason why I went with the Passat R36 was the above (bigger boot than the Falcon too), the other half was that it has more options than an equivilent Audi/BMW/Merc at less than half the price. For the equivilent Audi/BMW/Merc I'd be looking at 200k+ on road for a fully optioned S6/M5/E63 which would have exactly the same equipment levels as my sub 80k R36. Keeping in mind that VW owns Audi, and a lot of the components (mechanical and interior) are shared between the two.Some of the equipment levels I'm talking about are dynamic cornering bi-xenon lights, 16 way adjustable electric seats with memory, heated seats, dual zone cc, sat nav, premiere audio system, ipod connectivity, performance brakes & suspension etc.. stuff that are all big dollar options on the Audi/BMW/Merc cars.Take one for a test drive and see how you go
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now