typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 07/09/08 11:42 PM Posted 07/09/08 11:42 PM hey, I finally got my car on the dyno on friday, it ran 236.4 rwkw stock and I bought a flash tuner 2 and ran the 10 psi mode and she then made 263.9rwkw, is this a good result? I was told my injectors were deffinatly holding me back. I will post the dyno print out as soon as I get home. just wanted to see what others think?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 08/09/08 01:23 AM Posted 08/09/08 01:23 AM Sounds about right mate. A custom tune, bigger injectors and a high flow cat will get you close to 300. I would be looking at a decent cooler too, the stock ones cop a fair bit of heat-soak.Enjoy the power mate, its very addictive!
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 08/09/08 01:29 AM Author Posted 08/09/08 01:29 AM haha yeh that's what the tuner said.. had a fare bit of trouble keeping the car on the dyno.. kept wanting to jump out of the dyno.. he said it mainly happens with the fpv range. but yes it is very very very addictive! hoping to get this thing over 350rwkw
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 08/09/08 09:06 AM Posted 08/09/08 09:06 AM Good power for a stocker
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/09/08 09:10 AM Posted 08/09/08 09:10 AM haha yeh that's what the tuner said.. had a fare bit of trouble keeping the car on the dyno.. kept wanting to jump out of the dyno.. he said it mainly happens with the fpv range. but yes it is very very very addictive! hoping to get this thing over 350rwkwSounds like a load of to me, that kinda power most dyno and compentant operators should be a breeze. Mate my other concern is that a expensive car like a Typhoon and being cheap and puting a generic tune in it is poor form. Especially when you have conceded that the injectors are holding it back. To me this Yells hey I am leani9ng out and I am in danger of going bang and putting rods out the block.Do yourself a favour, put the stock tune vback in and get a custom tune as soon as possible, then come on here and tell us how much better the custom tune is ahnd how mauch you are enjoying your car.Scotty
dane01 Member 80 Member For: 18y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: bayside Queensland Posted 08/09/08 11:53 AM Posted 08/09/08 11:53 AM he is not stayin with the generic tune... the flash tuner just came with this.... and it isnt still on the 10 psi tune it is back down the the 8 psi tuner were it was safe... I think he is waiting for the injectors and an exhaust be4 he gets the custom tune??? if you get a custom tune on a stock car... do they jsut add to the custom tune once u do a mod to your car... or do they have to go through alot of it again???
pip_brendanAKAfrosty Member 108 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 08/09/08 01:54 PM Posted 08/09/08 01:54 PM your confusing me dane!!!
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 08/09/08 10:40 PM Author Posted 08/09/08 10:40 PM haha poor pip... neways. yeh im awear that it was running lean. so he said that I should leave it on the 8psi mode until I get my injkectors, pump and zorst and then he will custom tune it.. the last thing I want is muy phoon going bye bye
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/09/08 12:11 AM Posted 09/09/08 12:11 AM If your tuner can't figure out how to keep a relatively stock car on the dyno I probably wouldn't be placing too much faith in him I think that was the point that Kimbo was trying to make.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 09/09/08 12:30 AM Posted 09/09/08 12:30 AM (edited) yeh but it's that FPV badge Tab , it's special a bit like the tuner by the sounds of things Edited 09/09/08 12:31 AM by our06t
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now