423rwkw F6 New Race Tune

FSIX

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 18d

that's f**king awsome! oneday I hope to see mine up there one day. just a quick Q. what type of tyres are u running on the road? and how much has it cost ya soo far to get her that powerful?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 6m 4d

I use a kumho ku31 which are useless, safer just play with the throttle a little, leep the real fun for the track.

Mods are APS Phase 3 with a surge tank, same set-up as I had before the build engine went in.

A good engine will cost you around $11k drive in drive out.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 21d
A good engine will cost you around $11k drive in drive out.

Not to cause a sh*t-fight, but a good engine can cost you less than half that. I think the appropriate statement would be "A good engine, built entirely by a workshop, will cost you around $11K drive in drive out."

Again, I don't mean to step on anyones toes, but a built engine for these cars doesn't cost that much.

If anyone is interested PM me.

• Member For: 18y 9d
Very good result, and I believe about as much you can get out of the factory turbo with good fuel.

Can you also please publish the boost curve, so we know how the boost is being applied.

With the built motor you now have the luxury of being about to lean on it more.

Brian

Simon at Nizpro has just managed to get 447rwkw on Shell VMax using the stock turbo, manifold with OEM BF internals for the Nizpro1300 drag project car!!!!!!

Main gains from remapped cam timing to suit new Nizpro 102mm exhaust system by the sounds

that's 730HP at the engine ... farkkkkkkk :crybaby:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 3d
Not to cause a sh*t-fight,

Yeah right :roflmbo:

What does "drive in-drive out" mean though? "drive in and out of six different establishments and put it together yourself"? :blink:

• Member For: 18y 6m 4d
Not to cause a sh*t-fight, but a good engine can cost you less than half that.

Again, I don't mean to step on anyones toes, but a built engine for these cars doesn't cost that much.

If anyone is interested PM me.

that's great, the question was asked what I had spent on my car and yes I will call it a good engine.

Perhaps you can pass on your engine knowledge in a thread of your own.

Simon at Nizpro has just managed to get 447rwkw on Shell VMax using the stock turbo, manifold with OEM BF internals for the Nizpro1300 drag project car!!!!!!

Main gains from remapped cam timing to suit new Nizpro 102mm exhaust system by the sounds

that's 730HP at the engine ... farkkkkkkk :roflmbo:

Good news I look forward to reading the thread..

What does "drive in-drive out" mean though? "drive in and out of six different establishments and put it together yourself"? :blink:

my drive in drive out, I was meaning my engine was built, fitted and tuned all in the one place Autotech.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 21d

Just to clarify, I don't mean to say that your engine wasn't worth 11grand. I just want people to know that they don't have to spend that much money for a strong engine.

Autotech do great work and they are entitled to charge whatever they deem fit for the quality of work they do. Good luck with your drag racing and I hope you can keep pushing the boundaries of the ZF mate. :censored:

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 4d

I have seen people caught out before.

An initially cheaper quote from a company can end up being more expensive than a drive in/drive out quote from a reputable company.

A more reputable company will rectify any problems found in assembly, and I've come across 2 separate instances from different engine builders in the past 2 months where there were not not happy with the result, and corrected the issue at there own cost, whereas a lot of buidlers would have let them pass.

A strong engine should be differentiated from a well built engine.

Brian