NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/10/08 03:52 AM Author Posted 17/10/08 03:52 AM ^ hahah Thanks Dags,Thanks to everyone else as well. The problem is, I'm thinking 340fwkw is enough...I don't really want to be paying for new injectors, new springs, a gearbox rebuild, a new cooler and another custom tune...I haven't got those sort of dollars lying around...Should I talk to Simon and see if he can tune it down to maybe 250rwkw? Would that be worth it?Thanks,Dan
Guest Guests Posted 17/10/08 04:01 AM Posted 17/10/08 04:01 AM (edited) 250rwkw aint 340fwkw Valve springs will be fine at those levels. Cooler will need doing before cat as xr6t coolers are rubbish. APC tune should be good to go but whack it on a dyno to check Edited 17/10/08 04:05 AM by 03XR6T
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 17/10/08 04:35 AM Posted 17/10/08 04:35 AM assk for the dyno sheets with afr's and boost levels then offer him 19k and see what he says , really ya lucky to get back 20% of money you spend on mods when selling a car
NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/10/08 04:39 AM Author Posted 17/10/08 04:39 AM (edited) Nah Dean,I thought 340fwkw would be about 270 at the rears? So maybe tune it down some more?^Mate, I can't offer $19K...I've already got him down from $25K...He didn't want to go below 22...So I think I've done a good job really Thanks guys,Dan Edited 17/10/08 04:41 AM by EGOBFXR6
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 17/10/08 09:01 AM Posted 17/10/08 09:01 AM fair enough I paid 29k for mine 2 1/2 yrs ago with 45k on it , now has 64k on it and I've spent around 7k on it and it is in perfect cond and as much as I love it in reality I know I would be hard pressed to get 21k for it just how it is but if you like the car go for it I would ask for some dyno print outs though ,just to make sure it's not running on it limits
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 17/10/08 09:22 AM Posted 17/10/08 09:22 AM Threads Merged.... :banghead:Hooray for McMerge
NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 18/10/08 05:10 AM Author Posted 18/10/08 05:10 AM Hey all,Went and drove it today, and I have to say its beautiful to drive. Handles like it's on rails, goes like a shower of sh*t!I think it has 352.3rwhp which is 262.21 rwkw and that's plenty fast enough for me. He's never taken it to the drags, but someone told him it would do low 12's...About right?Had a look at the dyno graph, but couldn't tell you anything about it...Runs a 12PSI tune, can't really tell you any more...I'm more than happy the way it is. Going to get it RACed and ask XFT to check the tune so that I won't be up for a new box or springs and all is well I told him I'd take it on the basis that I was satisified with the RAC check and finance goes through alright...Hopefully I'll be a T owner sooner rather than later Cheers,Dan
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 18/10/08 05:30 AM Posted 18/10/08 05:30 AM Hooray! Dan, let it be known that if you don't buy this car we will all be willing to bash you as soon as another "Is this a good price?" thread comes up!I say that with the utmost love
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/10/08 05:40 AM Posted 18/10/08 05:40 AM No harm done though Seena...gives McMerge something to do to make him feel useful.
Under-Pants Member 2,103 Member For: 18y 3m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 18/10/08 05:57 AM Posted 18/10/08 05:57 AM Go Dan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now