Jump to content

Breathalyzer Poll  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE QLD
Posted

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and thought I might make my presence known by startin my first topic. (Forgive me if its already been asked)

Just wondering how regurlar it is to get tested by being a Xr6T driver?

Had my first this morning @ 3.45am on my way to work...

Quick note, I was driving on a four lane street (2 going forward, 2 the other way) divided by an island or whatever ya call it.

Police were coming down the other way and as soon as they saw me, they stopped & crossed the island in order to pull me over. 3 officers stepped out, 1st to check my I.d, 2nd to do the breathalyzer test and the 3rd to run my plates and checkin height and tyres on my car. It really it doesnt bother me but I have to ask, how random was that test? :stirthepot:

I must of stood out.... I was wearing my High-Vis Uniform.

  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Formerly XR6NA
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Never had a breath test in 4 & 1/2 years of driving and have only got one speeding fine in the T.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

I think it depends alot on the time of day you're driving on the road. If you drive around on the weekends late at night or early morning then the chances are quite a bit higher. The police do use the RBT excuse to pull over vehicles that they are interested in looking at. This may be for modification inspections or drug suspision.

  • Yaris member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Around my area (very hilly) they have some awesome hiding spots for the buses.

No escape @ all!

I think cause it's such a bogan area, there are always buses :kissmy:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 14d
Posted
I think it depends alot on the time of day you're driving on the road. If you drive around on the weekends late at night or early morning then the chances are quite a bit higher. The police do use the RBT excuse to pull over vehicles that they are interested in looking at. This may be for modification inspections or drug suspision.

Dont forget a chance for Rego check!

Was with mate in Sydney and got stopped on the way back from work (Mid week 6pm). My mate forgot to pay he's rego by ONLY 8 months. It was a nice walk over Gladesville bridge! Very costly night for him:

Police

Unregisterd $477

Uninsured: $477

Unauthorised Number plate (after giving the copper a mouthful): $425

Almost got a fine for showing wrong rego sticker (not sure if that exists) but he calmed down.

Then had to get a tow $260

Blueslip? $150 (I think) but required a new Windscreen to get is passed another $250.

Expensive night for him

Oh and $30 taxi fare!

That learnt him.... Copper was from Newy and I was chatting to him as he wrote out the fines, reckoned they would have about 5-10 cars in a 4 hr period for exactly the same offence! Booze bus was just a good excuse to go over vehicles.

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

the morning after the night before is a big one to be aware of. Make sure you do the math (conservatively)if you plan a big sleep over.

Many times there are RBTs between 5.00am and 6.30.am

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted (edited)

A few myths above about the true applications of RBT, more often then not your rego has already been checked well before you have been stopped. It doesnt need to be used as an excuse to stop you for any other real reason then to conduct a legitimate breath test.

Dont get to hung up about the timing and day of the week just dont have a big one and then go for a spin.

And I couldnt answer your poll question as ive only been tested once in past 6 years.

Oh and as always, every states different.

I.B.

Edited by Iconic Bionic
  • You are a dead set goose
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

^ cop :blink: lol

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

I drive the princes hwy a fair bit and have been tested around 3 times this year

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown
Posted

the cops in my area have 3 favourite spots. I happen to drive through those 3 spots everyday. That said I have only been tested once in the 18months I have lived here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...