antigravity Member 332 Member For: 20y 21d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast!!!! QLD Posted 28/07/08 08:40 AM Posted 28/07/08 08:40 AM (edited) Hey everyone,Firstly, took some pictures with someone elses camera at dusk, and it was sh*t. Couldn't get a decent photo. ANYWAYGot some new 19" rims and springs (SL front, SSL rear)... But it just seems to sit too high... I know these photo isn't any good (rims don't look good either, you can't see the black inserts) but what do people think? Too high?I got them done last Thursday, so it hasn't been a week yet, but will settling really make much of a difference? Edited 28/07/08 08:44 AM by antigravity
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 28/07/08 08:53 AM Posted 28/07/08 08:53 AM Bit hard to tell but does look a little high. Have you checked the springs for the part number to see if you got what you asked for. Better pic would good.
antigravity Member 332 Member For: 20y 21d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast!!!! QLD Posted 28/07/08 08:54 AM Author Posted 28/07/08 08:54 AM (edited) I'll post a better pic when I get a chance...Where on the spring is the part number? Edited 28/07/08 08:56 AM by antigravity
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 28/07/08 08:58 AM Posted 28/07/08 08:58 AM A tripod will fix your first problem and I would give it a month or so to settle, it should come down some more.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 28/07/08 09:19 AM Posted 28/07/08 09:19 AM It aint gunna come down that much....looks almost like stock ride height to me....
antigravity Member 332 Member For: 20y 21d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast!!!! QLD Posted 28/07/08 09:25 AM Author Posted 28/07/08 09:25 AM Well I paid $380 installed for the bl00dy things!How can I tell whether they're the ones I requested or not?Are the part numbers printed on the springs??
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 28/07/08 09:26 AM Posted 28/07/08 09:26 AM (edited) I'll post a better pic when I get a chance...Where on the spring is the part number?There is usually a small tag or printed number indicating the part number somewhere on the spring. One other indicator would be to measure the distance from the guard to the bottom of the rim and check that against suggested measurements. Edited 28/07/08 09:29 AM by Benny
antigravity Member 332 Member For: 20y 21d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast!!!! QLD Posted 28/07/08 09:30 AM Author Posted 28/07/08 09:30 AM Damn... are the tags usually taken off by the installer? I bought them from an ebay shop that seems quite reputable.
antigravity Member 332 Member For: 20y 21d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast!!!! QLD Posted 28/07/08 09:43 AM Author Posted 28/07/08 09:43 AM (edited) Just went and checked in the freezing cold coz I'm freakin out.These are the springs numbers:Front: KFFL-57Rear: KFRL-68SSLJust checking the King Spring catalogue, and the front part number is the 'STD' height, under the SUPER LOW/ULTRA LOW section of the catalogue. And the rear is the ONLY part number under the SUPER LOW/ULTRA LOW section and is 'STD' too... Edited 28/07/08 09:52 AM by antigravity
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 28/07/08 09:55 AM Posted 28/07/08 09:55 AM So have you got the wrong ones?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now