Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisvages, Capalaba
Posted

You aint got a car and I havnt got a license!! We should form like Voltron.... You can drive the Hiro Mobile, and I'll be your worst passenger ever.

I'll have to take u up on that offer

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Maroochydore
Posted (edited)

hey J-me what type of cruiser ya got? and how much was it / where'd you pick it up from? Thinking I might trade my turbs in as it's costing me too much at the moment.

Edited by Trucka
  • Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sunshine coast
Posted

I got a 1991 GXL 80series with the 4.2TD , it came with a few goodies, cost $15k privately off a guy from brisbane.

Hows this, one of my headlights blew so I was searching for a new one. Went to autobarn looking for the right bulb, when I couldnt find it I asked the guy and he went to look it up. I found out that they had a sealed beam and will have to replace the whole light, when he looked up the price he nearly fainted when he told me that its $380. I told him no way and walked out.

Thought id ring around and get some prices so I rang toyota, he quoted me $450, he laughed and told me to buy an aftermarket one. I agreed.

Rang repco looking for an aftermarket one and he quoted me $58 and I thought that sounds a bit better. Told him to order it in and ill pick it up the following day.

Being a very impatient person, I didnt want to wait that long so I thought I try supercrap.

I was absolutely shocked that 1. they had one on the shelf and 2. the price of it..... $5

that's not a type-o, it was $5.

With a saving of $445, I dont know how that can be justified, but im glad I rang around

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Maroochydore
Posted

well I s'pose Toyota have got to pay for all the recent legal costs and compensation claims coming outta the US atm from the prius recalls.

$15k's alright that's around the model I'm looking at but I might get the ute version, but they're pretty hard to find with the TD engine. mind you I've only been looking for the last couple of days.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Great...another one losing the friggin plot :icon_ford:

  • Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sunshine coast
Posted

Yeah there are a few around, but the utes are a bit dearer and have leaf springs on the back

Are you gonna bring it in the mud with me???

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burpengary QLD
Posted (edited)

Keep the coon and buy a 4by ... that's what I did and now have the best of both worlds :roflmbo:

Replacing the xr6 with a 4by ain't really gonna save you much money, specially if you are looking at the 4.2 cruiser ... still 6 cyl, so rego costs the same, 3T car, so fuel costs are higher, you might save a little bit on insurance, but that's about it.

My '05 pajero 3.2TD will get about 12 - 14 /100 which is about the same as the falcon ... don't believe the hype, diesel ain't gonna save you money to run unless you buy a modern 4cyl buzz box that's gonna set you back $30k +

Edited by BensXR6T
  • Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sunshine coast
Posted

yeah mine uses alot of diesel, get about 600km out of a 95L tank, but they are great fun :roflmbo:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Maroochydore
Posted (edited)

It's not the fuel I'm looking to save money on, it's the finance repayments. I should save at least $200 - $300 a month on the finance repayments, also in my particular situation I should save quite a bit on fuel coz I don't live too far from work and the T never gets off the warm up cycle. I'm lucky to get 400k out of a tank around town.

I'll get back into a T down the track, but at the moment the repayments are killing me. Also looking at doing a bit more camping from now on so a ute will be good. I'll b talking to my bro-in law who owns a cruiser and knows anything that's worth knowing about them. In any case nothing will probably happen until after easter, I'm doing the research at the moment before I make the final decision on what to get.

Yeah once I get everything sorted wouldn't mind having a play in the mud and christen the new beast.

Edited by Trucka

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...