Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane Southside
Posted

Hi guy's was just looking uder the engine bay in anticipation for te mods I am about to do and noticed my engine block is starting to rust quite badly, is this a normal thing or should ford be painting my block under warranty or something?

  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Mines rusted and all the blocks Ive looked at have too... sux, but that's how they come

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

If it aint rusty there's something wrong ;)

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
  • Location: Geelong Victoria
Posted

We get the odd one that comes down the line with a bit of surface rust so don't worry about it. A bit of surface rust isn't a problem, it will never spread any further than the surface.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane Southside
Posted

that sux tight arse ford trying to save a few dollars on paint :banghead:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 15d
Posted
Hi guy's was just looking uder the engine bay in anticipation for te mods I am about to do and noticed my engine block is starting to rust quite badly, is this a normal thing or should ford be painting my block under warranty or something?

that's factory standard if its not rusted than theres someting wrong lol

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

I was actually told by one of the engineers that surface rust on cast iron actually hardens the iron, he seemed very serious too...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown
Posted

that engineers is correct, go find an old bit of cast iron that has been in the weather and drill, file or cut it, damn hard to do.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

I do not understand how it would be harder form having rust on it.. I do understand that rust is corrosion and I feel that it would be better if having the chance to treat it. But in saying this it probley will not harm you block for a while yet.

GK

  • Banned
  • Member For: 19y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: AUSTRALIA
Posted

scary when you buy a new foon, drop the engine and see a rusty block. I thought what cheap berterds. it is scary what they(fpv) find acceptable. wake up fpv. I,m on my 5th one. and if the f6,s weren,t so good to mod. I,d be in a hsv. aleast they know how to put decent brakes on that not a option.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...