smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 27/05/08 02:51 PM Posted 27/05/08 02:51 PM (edited) Just did my first fill up on V-Power since it was no where to be seen for a few months, and what the?Is it just me, or is it worse then it was before?Anyone know if anything changed in the specs or the mix?Maybe I got a dodgie tank, or maybe its just me.... Have been running Caltex 98 most of the time, and Mobile and BP when I'm closer to a station and think about it normally...Will give it a better run tomorrow and see if there is any difference, as I was in traffic (not heavy but) - maybe it is just me... Dunno... For almost $100 for the tank fill, I hope I am just crazy! Edited 27/05/08 02:52 PM by smicky
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 27/05/08 04:34 PM Posted 27/05/08 04:34 PM I find vortex to be better then V-power (mind you I filled up with V-power today.. but had to drop in a bottle of octane booster cause I had some off fuel) Mobile and caltex is the same fuel so maybe its just a case of noticing the difference now that you have gone away from v-power?
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 27/05/08 09:40 PM Posted 27/05/08 09:40 PM In Melbourne we have always called Shell 'sootimax' But he consistency I have not found am issue with.
Paul@eliteauto Member 843 Member For: 20y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/05/08 10:47 PM Posted 27/05/08 10:47 PM In Brisbane ,keeping in mind fuel is different up here (different additives).Caltex is the worst.Bp is good but inconsistant.Shell is the most consistant.Cheers Paul
mercuryturbo Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer Legacy Donating Member 1,724 Member For: 20y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Fear and Loathing in Callala Bay Posted 27/05/08 11:11 PM Posted 27/05/08 11:11 PM I dont normally use Shell, but out of necessity I had to put some V-Power in the old girl the other week.Cant say I was all that impressed. The car seemed a little lethargic & it was thirstier than normal.I think I better stick to Vortex 98.
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 9m 25d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 28/05/08 01:18 AM Posted 28/05/08 01:18 AM Well, I tried V Power for the first time today and I thought it was great. The car was very smooth on idle and it responded very well. I normally fill up with BP Ultimate but was very impressed with V Power today. I'll give it the guys.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 28/05/08 01:29 AM Posted 28/05/08 01:29 AM It could be the fact that the tanks have been empty for a while in regards to the V Power, could be some crap mixed around in there - who knows, alot of the places could be watering it down anyway...I find Vortex 98 has been quite good, Ultimate and V Power for me has been indifferent
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/05/08 01:34 AM Posted 28/05/08 01:34 AM My car use to hate V-Power, she would bitch and moan till I put Vortex back in then she was happy as larry.
sargo Member 107 Member For: 20y 25d Location: Brisneyland Posted 28/05/08 03:41 AM Posted 28/05/08 03:41 AM Every time I use V Power or V Power Racing, the back of my car is black with soot.....BP Ultimate, no problem..
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 28/05/08 04:25 AM Posted 28/05/08 04:25 AM yeh I usually drive 3km's past the shell just up the road from home to go to caltex
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now