The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 27d

Isn't it amazing how so much joy such a simple thing can bring 🥰🥰

Going to look at a house this weekend that we both really like. Odds of actually getting it, probably quite slim. But it has a shed in the back for my tinkering! Its like it was made for me 🥺

https://reiwa.com.au/5-beaumonde-grange-aveley-4704924/

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 27d

Haha that's the photoshop grass they always put in, even when it's summer and everything around it is dried up and brown ^_^

You might have yourself a place soon ay @biddie_fiddler?

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
2 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

photoshop grass they always put in

100% doesn't look like that irl I bet 😂😂😂

Yea hoping so! Got all our finances sorted, now just part of the unlucky group of people trying to buy their own place lol.

Best part is the car didn't have to go! that's a big win 🤣

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

as the interest rates go up a bit, houses are actually easier to buy as time goes on... assuming your finances can handle the extra interest haha... I really need to get on the buying a house bandwagon someday... or I'll just keep investing and rent forever :idunno:

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Yea we are fortunate that our combined income is higher than average, and our buying power is quite high because of it. 

We settled on a budget of 550k max because the repayments are achievable without making us live pay-check to pay-check. It also means that we will be able to handle the interest rises in the future which is reassuring :) 

That being said, we're stuck currently deciding on whether to buy a much smaller and cheaper how now, so we can build in the future. Or, buy a bigger house now that means we don't really need to build a second. The house I linked before is in bucket B. Its massive but will be a great house to build a family in without worrying about needing to upsize for a very long time.

We have way more houses we are looking at this weekend, looking at 9 or 10 I believe. The one I linked is by far our favourite though.

As for buying vs renting. People will always say you should buy and get out of renting. Purely so you're paying off your own house instead of someone else's.

But, its way more complex than that. You don't just "go and buy a house". Renting is way easier. Its just not as sustainable as buying in the long term. Either way, both markets are really bad atm. So there's no benefit going with one over the other 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 27d

Me: We should get a bottle of tequila

Wife: Why?

Me: We have lemons on our tree

Wife: And?

Me: It's a sign

Apparently your lemon tree growing lemons is not a sign that you should drink tequila :bigeyes: