Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 04/04/08 10:38 AM Posted 04/04/08 10:38 AM Theres more than an increase in power to them isnt there.....you'd wanna hope so....
Elias Member 109 Member For: 18y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/04/08 10:43 AM Author Posted 04/04/08 10:43 AM the V8 is from what I understand exactly the same as BF GT, Turbo same power as current phoon, but some changes to set up, so would expect it to be better down low in stock form.
FG-XR6T Member 177 Member For: 18y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/04/08 12:10 PM Posted 04/04/08 12:10 PM ELIAS,Im getting a FG XR6T when they are released and it was the power and torque figures that sold it to me over the V8. The turbo has a max of 533nm of torque between 2000rpm-4750, and over 80% of that on tap between 1250 - 5750rpm. 270kw comes at 5250rpm which means your pullin that power and around 500nm at 5000rpm. The XR8 is gettin the old FPV 290kw at 5750rpm with 520nm at 4750rpm, which means at 5000rpm your probably pulling simular torque and power figures to the xr6T.But as you say you usually cruise around as do most people, and if your usually in the rev range between 2000 - 3000rpm the turbo is for you. You will have full 533nm at all time when you put your foot down and they are sayin th FG turbo is 30% more responsive which would mean your power would be there almost instant. Remember torque is what pulls you to a speed, power (kW is what holds you at a speed). Fuel condumption will be alot better in the turbo too.Admitadly I havent been in a 290kw BF but I have been in the 260kw with a full exhaust system and CAI and to be honest, below 3500rpm it wasnt that quick, I mean not slow but it was more just a really nice sound than hard acceleration. After 3500rpm the power kicks in.My choice for you would be the xr6T but at the end of the day its your $$$ mate.
Elias Member 109 Member For: 18y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/04/08 08:38 PM Author Posted 04/04/08 08:38 PM and it's alot of money, so need to make right choice.Have you ordered your T already? what color options you going for?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/04/08 10:49 PM Posted 04/04/08 10:49 PM XRTPSI, if yours is an FG then I will pick the car up tonight , I'll even throw in an extra 5K just for fun...Errrr....Yeah it is, one of the better looking one's with the bigger turbo's and less Camry like shape.
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 05/04/08 03:50 AM Posted 05/04/08 03:50 AM You can't go wrong with either. They are both awesome value for money. Don't rely on peoples opinion on a turbo biased site, just test drive both and see which one you prefer.
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 05/04/08 03:56 AM Posted 05/04/08 03:56 AM XR8's...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA seriously..
FG-XR6T Member 177 Member For: 18y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/04/08 05:07 AM Posted 05/04/08 05:07 AM ELIASI havnt ordered My Turbo yet, basically because A family member of mine who works for FORD is going to try and get me a good price but there fore has to wait until there released early may. Hopefully June ill have my new baby.I will be getting a octane colored 6 speed manual XR6T with the technology pack ( I use my phone alot) and premiuim sound mainly so I get the colour screen instead of the mono colour screen.What sort of car do you drive currently? I mean have you thought about XR6 non turbo. They have 195-200kw depending of fuel used and a good amount of torque. I would be estimating 0 - 100kmph in high 6's, low 7's and Quater mile in high 14's to low 15's which isnt slow by any means and will save you alot of $$$$$ compared to the other 2 cars. The reason I suggest this to you is because you mostly cruise around town and ocasionally give it a squirt and I think the XR6 would definatly get up and go when needed. The saving of $5500 grand sounds temting too. I was originally going to get a non turbo XR6 but I currently drive a car around 175kw so for 40 Grand I want more than a 25kw increase!!This suggestion is only good though if you currently drive a car with alot less power than 200kw's. Eg. 150kw or less? Otherwise I guess you will be in the same boat I am in.Cheers
Elias Member 109 Member For: 18y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/04/08 10:09 AM Author Posted 05/04/08 10:09 AM I drive an EA Fairmont now, so quite an upgrade, I have been holding back on upgrading for the sake of affording to buying something new, not interested in an NA. I dont have any problems paying the money, I basically worked out what I'm willing to pay and am happy to spend it. but by the same token, need to make sure I buy what I really want. I'm going to get the burger with the lot, luxury pack, airbags, Technology Pack, side airbags etc etc.. Last thing I want is to look back in 6 months and spew I didn't throw in a few hundred bucks on a certain option. I intend on keeping it for a long time eg 10 years and by then have enough dough to buy a GTP or equivalent at the time. If I'm lucky I might be in a better position to buy one sooner, just being realistic for now. I thought of Octane too, but probably end up going with nitro as I have a feeling I might grow out of Octane.
FG-XR6T Member 177 Member For: 18y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/04/08 02:36 AM Posted 06/04/08 02:36 AM Elias,Sounds like you know what you want. My best recomendatiopn is when the FG is in show rooms, take each one for a spin, XR8 and XR6T. Feel what you like the most an go for it.I worked out quickly what extras you want in the car and it is not cheap.Falcon XR6 Turbo/ XR8 (man/auto) $45,490/$46,990 Luxury Pack (XR6 Turbo and XR8) $5000 Prestige (metallic) paint $400 Technology Pack $450 Safety Pack $600 Reverse parking sensors $500 Reversing camera $500 Full-size steel spare wheel $100 = $53000- $55000 depending transmission plus $3500 ONC =$58000that's an expensive Ford mate.Have a good think about spending that much because for an extra 8 G, although its alot of money you could get an F6 which will in no way loose as much value as the ford xr6t or xr8 and I belive the F6 is a gold mine because in 2 years time when the V6 comes out I think the barra motors in the FPV will be worth a fortune. Unfortunatly I cant afford one. Hehe
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now