Elias Member 109 Member For: 18y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/04/08 06:01 AM Author Posted 06/04/08 06:01 AM it is alot of money for a Ford, it's a lot of money for any car really, but sometimes you have to say 'what the f*ck!'.. compare this to a 5 series BMW with same options and power and you feel better about the price I thought of what you say about ditching the options and going an F6, but not only is it way out of my price range, it's also going to be a basic set up again. I'm a gadget man, so would rather have the luxuries, Im sure the power in the Xr's will be enough anyway. I am entitled to fleet discounts through my work, so I'll get a very good price on the Falcon. Also, with regard to your pricing, if my memory serves me well, the Manual and Auto are same price, also XR8 is same price as XR6T.
FG-XR6T Member 177 Member For: 18y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/04/08 08:20 AM Posted 06/04/08 08:20 AM ELIAS,Your excatly right, some times you have to say, What the hell, ill get what I want. The F6 will have dual climate, leather and premium sound as standard and you should get the blue tooth as standard also. I think you will only miss out on the reverse camera if you went for the F6 over a fully optioned XR6T, but you will get much better brakes, different suspension a minimum of 30kw and atleast 40nm increase in power, hot rime and a much more unique car. I imagine the F6 will also come will side curtain air bags as standard also, so I think at around 62K plus ONC for the F6 you will have a car more powerful and better lookin than a optioned up XR6T, just missing out of reverse camera??Auto and manual in the xr6t and XR8 are differnent. $1500 different. Check out this link. Will help you with pricing.http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/MiniSite...mp;MiniSiteID=8It all comes down to dollars at the end of the day and if you cant afford the extra for an F6 your still going to have a beautiful car with a sh*t load of go and lots of features. Im happy gettin a XR6T.
Elias Member 109 Member For: 18y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/04/08 12:39 AM Author Posted 07/04/08 12:39 AM I stand corrected on the pricing, Obviously my memory didn't serve me correctly I didn't realise that the F6 included all those options. Still will be out of my price range though and need to draw the line somewhere. Originally I thought I would get a run out BF, then when I saw the FG I thought I have to have one of those, so managed to talk myself into spending the extra, I'm a pretty good negotiator.. lol
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 07/04/08 01:05 AM Posted 07/04/08 01:05 AM When it comes to pricing, I prefer it straight from the horses mouth!
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 07/04/08 01:45 AM Posted 07/04/08 01:45 AM G6E is 10k more than an XR6T....WTF....
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 07/04/08 03:14 AM Posted 07/04/08 03:14 AM that's right dags, but if you option it up... Luxury interior pack is $5000 on the XR, reverse camera is extra etc etc I think the G6E Turbo is well priced for the equipment - and I'll let you guys know if it has an LSD after I drive it on Friday next week!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/04/08 03:50 AM Posted 07/04/08 03:50 AM Never thought it would happen.....but there's a small amount of envy after that comment. Oh and Dags I think you mean G6ET and $9.5k
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 07/04/08 03:54 AM Posted 07/04/08 03:54 AM So with the Luxury pack your still paying 5k extra for self adjusting mirrors and an extra 4 seating positions....
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 07/04/08 04:08 AM Posted 07/04/08 04:08 AM and a reverse camera, and the name, and the......something.....You have to remember that GST and Stampduty all play a part here too dags - how much more is a Maloo then an optioned up SS? same dif reallyoh and tab, incase you missed it
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 07/04/08 04:13 AM Posted 07/04/08 04:13 AM ....and you loose a rear spoiler.Maloo and SS no....SSV and Calais.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now