johng Member 43 Member For: 20y 1m 24d Posted 24/08/06 07:25 AM Posted 24/08/06 07:25 AM I bought the wife a Yaris, and I agree, great little cars actually. But that's way off topic.
Damo Legacy Donating Member 403 Member For: 22y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/08/06 07:28 AM Posted 24/08/06 07:28 AM I bought the wife a Yaris, and I agree, great little cars actually. But that's way off topic.Heh, yeah, I know... sorry
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 24/08/06 07:33 AM Posted 24/08/06 07:33 AM average over 100,000kms just under half modded, 13.4l/100best on cruise 8.9l/100 (instantanious is obviously better when cruising on flat @ 100km/h)worst at sandown raceway 39l/100typically around town (just out of peak hour commute in Melbourne) I get about 420 - 450km from 60LI do get into it a bit, but not excessively...Seems high to me...cheers, Ben.
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 24/08/06 07:51 AM Posted 24/08/06 07:51 AM Sit down and do some more careful arithmetic before you write off another fistfull of your hard earned cash in wasted stamp duty, dealers fees and wated rego. Say your car consumed 2litres/100 km less and you drove it for say 10, 000km/year ...the saving amounts to $300/year total - equivalent to one to two beers a week!...wow..what's all the fuss about?Now tell me you are that strict with all of your budget. You could probably save that amount and more by merely shopping around for better/cheaper insurance, cutting out two or three beers a week....one less extra trip a week in the car.If you are going to get serious then get serious!!Dingah
incito Member 20 Member For: 20y 9m 9d Posted 24/08/06 08:37 AM Posted 24/08/06 08:37 AM Hmmm my Computers sitting on 12.4 Litres /100km hasn't been reset for about the last three months. Does about 350Km a week with 100km of that being around town. Has been edited with larger injectors and Dynoed at 262 RW K/W
miker Member 115 Member For: 20y 2m 1d Location: upright Posted 24/08/06 08:45 AM Posted 24/08/06 08:45 AM thanks for all the helpfull replies. I will reset the meter(when I work out how) and see what happens first. if that proves fruitless I will have to book it in with the dealer. to those that said I'm just bitching- I understand the car will like a drink. it is what it is. my problem is that its excessive for this type of car. not that its excessive compared to a f***n toyota yaris mike.
ford number 1 Legacy Donating Member 602 Member For: 22y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: N/W Sydney Posted 24/08/06 09:25 AM Posted 24/08/06 09:25 AM I just chaecked my trip meter and its currently at 16.2lt/100kmh.my average speed is 36kmh..that's with around 1/2 a tank left and I reset the trip meter each time I fill up..Its the avereage speed which hurts the economy..
davef Member 42 Member For: 22y 10m 11d Posted 24/08/06 10:33 AM Posted 24/08/06 10:33 AM I averaged 12.2 for my T over 2 years. Even when I spent all week around town it rarely went above 14. Its for sale if you want it.My F6 is even better, I am getting low 11's although I did manage 45 on my drive day at Sandown.guess I don't drive 'em 'properly'
xr_jim Member 10 Member For: 20y 2m 26d Location: Newcastle Posted 25/08/06 01:05 AM Posted 25/08/06 01:05 AM Got an 03 ute and around town I am lucky to get under 18L / 100km but on road trips I have had as low as 8.3L / 100km. the cold starts and short trips kill my economy.
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 17d Location: Melbourne Posted 25/08/06 02:12 AM Posted 25/08/06 02:12 AM I`ve found mine drinks more in the colder weather, I changed jobs about 3 months ago then I used to get about 450k`s to a tank now that I do short trips to work and back and the occasional cruising I get 350k`s?.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now