My Ba N/a To Turbo Project

RC 597

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 9m 30d

And am I kidding myself wanting to turbo my gas car?

Wouldn't gas be more ideal for turboing since it's got a higher RON? You could run higher boost on the same compression in comparision to an engine running regular unleaded.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 9m 28d

Hi all. Done this conversion myself not long ago. Conversion will run with standard map sensor, injectors and tune. I ran mine around for a while like this. They run like a dog if bigger injectors are put in before tune. But, it will need to be tuned with bigger injectors (I put 42lb in) and 2 bar map sensor (With adapter supplied by herrod I think?) asap. Will go heaps better. I removed the broadband butterflies and plugged the hole at the front of the manifold. Just tie the vacuum line up for this out of the way somewhere. I got 266 rwkw's with 750 nm torque out of mine. Although the BTR 4 spd auto didnt last long at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 9m 28d

Sorry to upset you az6 turbo but I am someone who unlike you obviously, doesn't mind having dabble with working on cars myself. You see before dicks like you call people retards, have a thought for people such as myself and the person who originally posted this post who have the brain power and skills to perform this sort of work. It was actually a nice little project. Where would we be if people got bagged out all the time for having a go? Wheres the fun in paying a mechanic to do every little job for you? To me that's not why im into modifying cars. Im not into the ordinary "store bought" scene people think that supercheap and their mechanics is the be all, end all, and the way to build a car??? Sorry, not for me. I like the late nights and skinned knuckles. You should try it one time. You might enjoy it.