Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: kenthurst, Sydney
Posted

your a bad bad man

  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane - Sthside
Posted
Best I have been quoted was for an FG F6, Auto, Steel in colour, leather, alloy wheel option & mats.

$66500 on road inc GST in QLD.

Not bad seeing as how you can't get them yet. :biggrin:

where did you get that price from. may have to talk to them about a GT :3gears:

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 22d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted
your a bad bad man

that's why I dont work there anymore....they train u to rip people off....not that I ever did....just sold people what they really needed :P

Oh do I have some stories that could make a current affair....(some dodgy sh*t I have seen)

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

One thing I will say about negotiating for a car is that salesmen are just as cynical about the customers as you are about the salesmen, so don't treat them like idiots (ok, some of them are really stupid) but you don't have to walk into the place trying to hate the person that will sell you a car - you are there to buy a car remember

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
(ok, some of them are really stupid)

:w00t2:

Other than the irony....wise words Pattsy :wub:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bairnsdale, Victoria
Posted

I just said to the dealers that a dealt with (4 of them) that I dont care where I get it from, im just in it for the best price.

One of them said that they were not interested in getting in a bidding war over a bellow cost car, trying to make me feel bad for wanting the best price I can get and I just said "mate, I want the best price I can get, im not just going to take yours because YOU aren't interested in a bidding war, im going to deal with the ones that are"

I also had another dealership ring me on saturday about requoting after I sent all the dealerships I had quotes from a price to beat on wednesday! and he was just like "hi, im just returning your call about the XR6T ute, heres what I have for you..." and I cut him off and said "mate, I have already ordered one 2 days ago, you have missed the boat" he asked for the price so I told him and he was like "oooh, I dont know about that, keep my number in case something happens, im a bit dubious about that price... did you drop some options... is that with GST?" so it was obviously a better price than he could do :P

so all in all im happy with my result.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bairnsdale, Victoria
Posted
One thing I will say about negotiating for a car is that salesmen are just as cynical about the customers as you are about the salesmen, so don't treat them like idiots (ok, some of them are really stupid) but you don't have to walk into the place trying to hate the person that will sell you a car - you are there to buy a car remember

Great point.

I was as curtious and nice to all of the dealerships, I even rang the 3 of the main 4 that didnt get my sale and thanked them for thier time and help and said I wouldnt hessitate to recomend them to others.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: kenthurst, Sydney
Posted

Have come across quite a few really, REALLY slippery car salesmen in the past, but you have to give credit when its due. Have dealt with my local Ford dealer at Castle Hill for a few years and just bought two more vehicles this month from them and have found them to be pretty decent to deal with and No B.S. as I have had in years past with others.

my humble opinion only.

G.G. :lurvedealer:

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

ha ha, that's a rarely used smilie!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: kenthurst, Sydney
Posted

thought you'd like that Pat.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...