Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Australind, WA
Posted

Hey all, just after a bit of an opinion!

I am looking at the next round of mods. Looks like its gonna be a cooler, injectors, high flow cat and dump pipe. So far I have a custom tune from RDP, cold air induction and a filter. Putting out around 330HP at the boots. Problem is I am going to have to drive my car a bit of a way for my next tune. Do you think I can get away with getting the dump pipe and hi-flow cat installed down here or will it overboost like a mofo? I was thinking of installing the cooler kit myself (rap1d systems kit) and limping it to the tuner (about 3.5hrs away)...

Opinions please?? Not sure what to do as I dont want to have to pay the tuner to install the cooler kit, exhaust, cat blah blah blah as well as the injectors... could be expensive!

:tonguepoke:

  • www.australianflag.org.au
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)

Mate I have about as much mechanical nouse as you so take this for what its worth, I see no reason if driven carefully that all the components dealing with airflow could be babied to RDP, three and a half hours is a long drive to do this. But bigger injectors are not going to work no matter how much its babied.

Scotty

Edited by Kimberley Scott
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Australind, WA
Posted

BLIMEY that was quick mate ;)

Hmm, well I hadnt planned to do the injectors, just that I could get a muffler shop here in town to do all the exhaust stuff, and I could do the cooler myself... Thanks for the opinion though. I guess if I stayed off boost I would probably be alright. Maybe.

  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted

I'm with KS

You could do all the grunt work bar the injectors.

Just drive the car off boost as much as possible, but really speak to RDP and get their advice before you try it.

  • Dr. Speed
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The land of Politicians, Public Servants, Porno & Pyrotechnics
Posted

I'm about to do my cooler and then cat and then sometime after that take it and get it tuned. I'm going to take it easy with mine until I get it tuned. It should be OK if you don't go rapping the tits off it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Australind, WA
Posted

Yeah sounds fair to me. Car isnt going to RDP unfortauntely though, they are about 9 hrs away. Gona have to go up to CPV performance in Mackay, but I'll give them a dingaling and see what they rekon. Cheers for the feedback. I was just a bit worried about the dump because the increased flow can apparently put too much load on the stock wastegate actuator... hmmm.

  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted

If you stay off boost it should not be a problem.

an upgraded actuator and hi flow pump would be a good idea as well.

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

What happend to keeping it stcok mate lol

I knew it wouldnt last.

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

As above, just get everything except the injectors done at home, then baby it to the tuner, keeping off boost and watching the boost guage.

Injectora arnt a big job so they wont charge you much.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Im in the same situation, nearly have all the bits and pieces and want to fit the cooler, CAI and muffler myself and drive it to the tuner.

Looks like I'll just leave the injectors and valve springs for the tuner to do and ill do the rest myself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...