Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 06/04/03 05:17 AM Posted 06/04/03 05:17 AM Yeah, have the same problem with getting in the car cause I'm a lanky big bugger. I have the blue momo steering wheel, but the car came fitted with the sports wheel!!. Have rang my dealer about getting the sports wheel put back on as it is a bit smaller and should make getting in the car easier. Wonder what the rebate wil be only had the car a week :D
Robbo Member 249 Member For: 23y 10m 1d Location: Sydney Posted 06/04/03 06:59 AM Posted 06/04/03 06:59 AM The sports is a few hundred less.
physh Member 248 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Location: Canberra Posted 06/04/03 10:11 PM Posted 06/04/03 10:11 PM how hard is it to get a sports wheel put on after the car is built?How much does it cost to get it done later?I have standard wheel on my XR6T, but I really like the sports wheel.Should have gotten the sports wheel when I bought the car, except the dealer didn't know it existed... :( Anyone?
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 1d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 07/04/03 01:23 AM Posted 07/04/03 01:23 AM Physh,l asked this question when ordering our car and from memory l think it was around a grand for the dealer to supply and fit the wheel, as opposed to $695 when factory fitted. Its a lot of stuffing around to do apparently.We have the sports wheel and l think its easily worth the money. Great quality and very comfortable, adds to the experience.
Guest catlike Guests Posted 28/06/03 01:29 PM Posted 28/06/03 01:29 PM I know this has been posted before but I am still confused. I ordered the Momo with the coloured inserts coz I got it thrown in by the dealer with the Momo shifter.From what I've read here the ratings are:1. Sports wheel2. Standard wheel3. Momo wheelWhat hasn't been explained is why does the Momo wheel come last? I would appreciate feedback as I have the chance to change the order.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 28/06/03 01:36 PM Posted 28/06/03 01:36 PM ask and you shall receive
bigwave Member 23 Member For: 23y 4m 1d Location: gold coast Posted 29/06/03 12:09 PM Posted 29/06/03 12:09 PM sports wheel for sure
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 30/06/03 11:08 AM Posted 30/06/03 11:08 AM Fiddling around with Airbags and stuff may account for the Jump from 800 odd to the $1000?
junior Member 95 Member For: 23y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Kellyville, Sydney Posted 30/06/03 12:58 PM Posted 30/06/03 12:58 PM I have driven all three back to back when I was test driving cars and the sports wheel is definately thicker than the standard and momo wheels.the momo is basically the same as the standard one just has different colour inserts.The sports one looks and feels the best by far, so dont buy the momo, get the sports or just use the standard one if you dont want to spend the cash.
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 01/07/03 01:46 PM Author Posted 01/07/03 01:46 PM I have driven all three back to back when I was test driving cars and the sports wheel is definately thicker than the standard and momo wheels. It is definately thicker than the Momo in the AUII XR, took me a little while to get used to it being fatter. The steering wheel, you deviates! :biggun: Lightning....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now