exarsixturbo Dr. Speed Member 784 Member For: 19y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: The land of Politicians, Public Servants, Porno & Pyrotechnics Posted 09/11/07 12:52 AM Posted 09/11/07 12:52 AM Hi Everyone, I had my car tuned the other day to a respectable 375 rwkw. This morning I took a look at my rear tyres and realised that they are bald! They were new before I had the upgrade done. Do you think that the power increase contributed to the excessive tyre wear?My tuner didn't warn me about excessive tyre wear. Should I take the car back to him and complain?My car is blowing some kind of white smoke when I accelerate also. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated...
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/11/07 01:03 AM Posted 09/11/07 01:03 AM Mabey more bitching would help the situation?
The NUT Member 163 Member For: 20y 5m 20d Location: Townsville Posted 09/11/07 01:07 AM Posted 09/11/07 01:07 AM (edited) You have 375rwkw and you are worried about tyre wear? And you dont know if the fact that the car has ~500kw has anything to do with it? Ha Ha Edited 09/11/07 01:13 AM by The NUT
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/11/07 01:10 AM Posted 09/11/07 01:10 AM It is a Friday Joke Thread.Offcourse he is not serious.I would try to claim a tyre warranty from your tyre company
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 09/11/07 01:10 AM Posted 09/11/07 01:10 AM (edited) the problem lies with your tune...LOL Blast the tuner mate, that's just totally unacceptable... who the f*ck gave him the right to fry YOUR tyres with you driving of course. Edited 09/11/07 03:32 AM by Dagabond
Craig. Member 563 Member For: 19y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast QLD Posted 09/11/07 01:24 AM Posted 09/11/07 01:24 AM Yeah I agree! Did he advise you that these mods may shorten the life of your tyres? I bet he only said that it might but nothing definite or set in stone right! What an f*cktard. If I were you I would definitely be taking that bastage to court. Sue his ass bigtime!
jcooke Member 272 Member For: 19y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 09/11/07 01:27 AM Posted 09/11/07 01:27 AM I just finished reading the "other" thread, you guys crack me up.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 09/11/07 01:34 AM Posted 09/11/07 01:34 AM Hi,I tune my own car as everyone knows, and I am having this problem, I can't relate on how my tuning is firstly effecting my tyres?I think you have brought up a valid point which needs to be addressed with your tuner.. When you find out please let me know what the fix was..I might have to return it back to standard
exarsixturbo Dr. Speed Member 784 Member For: 19y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: The land of Politicians, Public Servants, Porno & Pyrotechnics Posted 09/11/07 01:35 AM Author Posted 09/11/07 01:35 AM (edited) I'm glad we still have some members with a sense of humour... Since RIPS hasn't posted in ages I had to do something.Sorry to hyjack my own thread - but what wheels are on your car jcooke?? Are they Zenettis or TSW Jarama's??? Edited 09/11/07 01:36 AM by exarrsixturbo
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 09/11/07 01:47 AM Posted 09/11/07 01:47 AM it might be to do with your shift points?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now