Cashie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Built F6 & VE SS-V
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 27d
is the car built already or will it have to be built? Speak to your dealer about this, because any orders for November build are being coded as Neo

Hopefully I can find one that is brand new and already built. I spoke to a few and they think they have some on hold, going shopping today. Im getting the F6 for my 21st :3gears:

• Member For: 18y 3m 20d

Reading this with great interest, I love my manuals ( Current xr6t is an auto though ) its hard to argue against the ZF but as I live in the country I feel the manual will cover all my bases when I go to trade in. As I no longer own the GTR or my Evo VII im REALLY missing the manual.....

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 7m 10d

As everyone has basically said the ZF is world class and simply the best auto available anywhere for it's ability to adapt to the driver's style. One of it's best features is that it downshifts under braking - again adjusting the revs at which it does so according to how hard the driver is pushing/braking. Very clever software in this box.

But software doesn't have eyes and cannot "foresee" what the driver can. I would therefore still choose a manual - that's just me - I'd rather sacrifice a poofteenth in straightline performance for a poofteenth in extra control when it REALLY matters.

However the bottom line is that your wife should drive both and choose what SHE wants, not what you want, or what we recommend.

• Member For: 16y 6m 19d

G day all well I finally was able to get an email address that this froum will take ahhhhh. ive got the 6speed manual f6, great in long distance driving but a pig in traffic, luckly I dont do much city driving. the big differance that I have found that the auto dose not give the kick in the bum as what the manual dose. you hit the loud pedal in the manual and its there boy is it there, the auto here it comes then its there.

hope this helps you its a great car and just the best on a long country trip.

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 10m 14d
... the big differance that I have found that the auto dose not give the kick in the bum as what the manual dose. you hit the loud pedal in the manual and its there boy is it there, the auto here it comes then its there.

you are being tricked old chap, youre losing boost between gear changes and it *feels* like youre getting youre accelerating. You are....coz youve lost momentum at the gear change.

ZF!

• Member For: 17y 8m 16d

I used to have autos, but the ZF is the duck's guts!

Glad I got it.

The old 4 speed was crap, so was the old 5 speed. They stopped me from getting a T sooner than the BF.

The six speed manual is better, but still not a very slick shifter. I find slow gated manuals annoying.

The ZF is perfectly suited to the car and the motor. It changes when you tell it to and responds instantly when you want to up the pace.

Let's face it, these cars are big heavy cruisers. Not light nimble rev monsters.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 24d
I'd rather sacrifice a POOFTEENTH in straightline performance for a poofteenth in extra control when it REALLY matters.

However the bottom line is that your wife should drive both and choose what SHE wants, not what you want, or what we recommend.

Off Topic but that's awsome, I always use Poofteenth but everyone wonders what the hell I'm talking about.

On Topic, if you had of asked me if I was getting a manual or auto before I got mine I would of said "It's a Turbo, of course I'm getting a manual, how do you control boost with an auto" but looking back I probably should of got a auto. Drivin hard in a manual is fun but every other situation sucks and unless your flog you car everywhere you go I would get an auto.

Edited by XRTPSI