• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 24d

hey just looking to fit mp3 aux cable to stereo as there is a holder

next to power source at the back which is made to fit female plug for

the mp3 cable, just wondering if anyone knows how to take side

panel off to get to.

cheers ray.

• Member For: 17y 1m 27d

pop the gear lever surround off, under there are screws that hold those corner wing pieces on, once there outta the way there are another two screws either side of the tissue box holder. remove these and it'll slide out...

you dont need to take the side panel off, just need to spend some time feeding the wire thru...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 7d

Hi guys, I have a 12' boxed rockford fosgate sub and amp, and am going to install in the t. What I need to know is , does any one have or know where to find a wiring diagram for the factory amp, as I am going to use the input wires from the head unit where they enter the amp and also the remote on from the head unit where it enters the amp. By using these wires, the sub will still turn on and off when the stereo is used without the keys in the ignition. I am aware these signal wires are high level , but my amp has high and low level inputs so all good.

• ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 15d

Hey guys,

I was thinking about eventally putting in some Alpine Type "S" 5x7 Coaxial Speakers in the Front / Rear of my BA MKII, And I was just wondering if they will fit straight into the place of my Stock speakers, Or if I need something made up for them to fit in..

And also, I have 2x 12" Alpine Type "S" Subs, But with no Amp.. If I wanted to go with a system like this, Anybody have any reccomendations on which AMP(s) I should buy?, There the only thing I'm not sure on...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 9d

hey guys.. I was wondering whether someone has the dimensions for the biggest sub box that will fit in the space behind the boot on the sedans.. also, does anyone have a template for the 5x7 to 6.5" speaker adapter baffles.

thanks.

• Donating Members
hey guys.. I was wondering whether someone has the dimensions for the biggest sub box that will fit in the space behind the boot on the sedans.. also, does anyone have a template for the 5x7 to 6.5" speaker adapter baffles.

thanks.

**behind the seat in the boot of the sedans..

my bad..

• Member For: 16y 3m 6d

hey guys just a quick one. where is the factory amp located for premo sound if one exists and if I upgade the sub is it doable to just replace the factory amp with a higher quality one for better sound

• Donating Members

when you open the boot its on the left hand side quarter hidden by some carpet. theres a couple of plastic screw thingy's which need to be pulled out to be able to see it.

as for the other question, im guessing it is possible, but someone with more knowledge will need to go into more depth to give you a proper answer, im an amateur.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 21d

thanks.

Mate mines probably the biggest you can physically fit in that spot as long as you don't have premo sound. If you do then you gotta tear out the crappy sub on the parcel shelf and cut the bump out from underneath otherwise you won't be able to get big sub boxes past it. I'll measure mine up tonight and let you know, if that helps.

hey guys just a quick one. where is the factory amp located for premo sound if one exists and if I upgade the sub is it doable to just replace the factory amp with a higher quality one for better sound

Yeah that's usually one of the first upgrades people do, you will get more kick and bass but unfortunately the front and rear speakers will still let the sound quality down. If you got the cash you might wanna do the whole lot in one go, then you can update all the wires and sound proofing giving you the best sound possible.

Edited by XRTPSI