General Audio Questions

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d

If the AUX kit has been installed it is where smicky said next to the 12v plug right up the back in that compartment, it is a female 3.5mm plug for your mp3 players, so you will need a 3.5mm male to male plug from your mp3 to it.

If it isn't there then you need to buy it (like I did with premium sound on my BA), the plug to plug the harness in is behind the fuse box and is either a white or blue plug. Instructions with the kit will tell you which.

• Member For: 15y 8m 8d

that makes sense obviously I dont have the kit installed

another question: the amp wich is located in the boot of the BA with premium sound, is it a monoblock? if so what power rating and how many ohm stable is it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 19d

when wiring in a new amp and subs I know I gotta run power and remote/accessories ect ect is it possible to pick up the remote signal from the factory amp in the boot rather then run it from the cigaret lighter or something along those lines. all my reading on here and I cant find anyone that has run it from the factory amp and if I can, can anyone tell me the wire colour off the top of their head??? cheers

• Member For: 14y 7m 2d

I have a stock ba xl ute and wanting to put in a budget system of some replacement 5x7's, probably amp,tweeters, and a media player in the bottom of fascia above gear knob(eg alpine one that plays from ipod, usb etc) and I was wondering whether its possible to use the media player and stock ford cd player through the same speakers? thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 6d

Hello, just a quick question.... I have just installed a $3000 system in my car and I was told not to install a LCD screen because I will loose the quality of the speakers and sub. Is this true?

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 1d

Yes this is very true if your installer is a farkin moron that has no idea what he is doing.

WTF they run on different channels?? Ask him to explain how?

• Member For: 14y 8m 25d

In the latest Territories, if it doesnt come from the factory with Ipod intergration, is it possible to do as one of the above replies says and find a plug in near the fuse panel to plug in a 3.5mm plug cord to run to an Ipod or somethin,, Does this make any sense ?

Thanks Mate

• Member For: 14y 5m 16d

Just enquiring, what size speakers are in an fg turbo ute? standard system. doors and space cab?

cheers

Edited by 270XRT

• 1 month later...
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 1d

The are a few companys that do it bout 700-1000 from memory, waste of coin IMO.

Just google search for it.