KTASTRPHE Member 82 Member For: 20y 6m Location: Perthoslavakia Posted 16/08/07 12:52 PM Posted 16/08/07 12:52 PM Hey Guys,Im in the market for a new (used) car soon and Ive been reading about car brokers on the internet. Basically they do all the talking with the dealers etc, organising the best deal for your trade in and getting the best price on the car you want. Of course all the testimonials say they are fantastic, but has anyone ever had dealings with them in real life?cheersKurt
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/08/07 01:46 PM Posted 17/08/07 01:46 PM Yes I've bought all but 1 car through a car broker. The car broker I use is a friend of the family so probably looks after me better than other car brokers would. But basically does all the running around I just got to sign on the dotted line and that's it. Usually can save a a couple of grand off the price.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/08/07 08:36 PM Posted 17/08/07 08:36 PM I used one last year just to give it a shot, cost $150 or something like that. Waste of time in the end.....as when you're an annoying *beep* such as myself you'll usually get a better deal in person anyway.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/08/07 10:11 PM Posted 17/08/07 10:11 PM Yes I've bought all but 1 car through a car broker. The car broker I use is a friend of the family so probably looks after me better than other car brokers would. But basically does all the running around I just got to sign on the dotted line and that's it. Usually can save a a couple of grand off the price.
KTASTRPHE Member 82 Member For: 20y 6m Location: Perthoslavakia Posted 18/08/07 11:18 AM Author Posted 18/08/07 11:18 AM Cool. I might give it a shot. Have a look at a few cars and see what I can get them for, and then see what the broker can do for me. Thanks guys,.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 20/08/07 03:50 AM Posted 20/08/07 03:50 AM my old boy used one, and saved nearly 6k on his new car!
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Location: Perth WA Posted 20/08/07 05:37 AM Posted 20/08/07 05:37 AM we tried a couple when looking for a new WRX for the missus, but none even came close to the dealer advertised prices !!!!
Dannopower Legacy Donating Member 421 Member For: 21y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 20/08/07 05:49 AM Posted 20/08/07 05:49 AM I Used one when buying my T.It cost me about $150 or so, and I didnt use the broker in the end, but I used the brokers quote to save me about a grand with the local dealership. The dealer couldnt match the price, but got close enough for me to be satisfied.
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 20/08/07 06:10 AM Posted 20/08/07 06:10 AM near the end of 2003 the most I could seem to bargain off the RRP was about 2000. I went thru a carbroker and got 4000 off. happy with the result.I cant remember which broker I went thru.it was either Private Fleet or Fleet CapitalI also believe carbroker.com.au is worth a look.Car was delivered to Canberra from Sydney, no dramas.followed by massive boners...luckily I had a greek girlfriend at the time with big ones who liked it and I was able to quench my unsatisfiable man-urges post Falcon purchase at my leisure.$4000 extra worth of Mars Bars is nothing to sneeze at.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 22/08/07 11:45 PM Posted 22/08/07 11:45 PM I think you have to shop around for decent car broker in order to get a car at decent price. So shop around for the car instead!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now