Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: MELBOURNE
Posted

Hi Everyone!

So I Modified my BOV recently and tried a couple of different things to try for a different sound.

I used 2 1" chair stops from bunnings to replace the hose on the BOV.

I drilled 3 different sized holed in 3 different stops and tried one with no hole to see if I could get a louder/different sound from my BOV.

Here's my results.

No Hole - Muffled sound, not much of the 'JUH JUH JUH JUH JU' sound came through.

5mm Hole - Sharp sound. Short 'JUH JUH JUH JUH JU' sound. not very loud, a little too quiet for me.

10mm Hole - Good 'JUH JUH JUH JUH JU' sound. Not really loud, nice and subtle. Very clean sound.

20mm Hole - Not noticably louder than the 10mm hole. Slow and weak sounding. Sounds tired.

In conclusion, The 10mm hole was by far the best sounding, cleanest and loudest BOV MOD I had tried.

<Price of car $20k - $30k, price of rubber chair stops $5.00, Modifying your auto with chair stops for a BOV sound... PRICELESS!>

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Waverley
Posted

Wouldn't mind having a listen to it actually. What boost are you running?

I did the standard filter on the plumback mod the other day and it's pretty loud.

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted (edited)

or you could just block the whole bov off and make it sound louder

and more flutter

like so

Edited by Black ThundeR
  • Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canning Vale, W.A
Posted

^^ howd you get it like that mate, please telllll :)

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted
^^ howd you get it like that mate, please telllll :)

haha just a few little mods like 45deg pipe of the turbo with a pod filter at the end

and blocked the factory BOV and obvicously running more boost.

if you wanna see pics etc just pm me.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: MELBOURNE
Posted
Wouldn't mind having a listen to it actually. What boost are you running?

I did the standard filter on the plumback mod the other day and it's pretty loud.

Everything is factory except for a K&N panal filter so far.

  • 4 months later...
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Did mine the other day, bought the monza breather to put on but couldn't fit it in. Thought screw this and just put the rubber stopper on the end with a small hole in it and it works a treat, nice sound that's not to loud I reckon the breather would muffle it to much. Oh and f*ck the pipe going into the turbo is a pain in the ass to get back in!

  • <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, NOR
Posted

With the Monza one, did you try the other sized rubber fittings they supply in the pack? You have to change it otherwise it will never go on. I'd be worried about that hole sucking little bits of sand and stuff into it (if it does in fact ever suck in air?) but yeah it would definitely be louder with the rubber stopper than the filter I think.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
With the Monza one, did you try the other sized rubber fittings they supply in the pack? You have to change it otherwise it will never go on. I'd be worried about that hole sucking little bits of sand and stuff into it (if it does in fact ever suck in air?) but yeah it would definitely be louder with the rubber stopper than the filter I think.

No I mean couldn't fit it in behind the crossover, it dosn't suck in air as far as I know cause it's a one way valve (could be wrong) my main concern is the stopper in the return hose getting sucked in.

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
or you could just block the whole bov off and make it sound louder

and more flutter

like so

That sounds terrible, why dont you guys just get your wallet out and buy a decent BOV that makes the correct RICE sound you require?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...