apache_dj Member 145 Member For: 21y 4m Location: Auckland NZ Posted 20/12/07 08:21 PM Posted 20/12/07 08:21 PM Cheers Doolz, I pick them up tommorow so will be able to tell you definitively very soon if they go on with no dramas. My only concern is the Dobisons springs I have are so low with the 9.5" wide 19" front wheels they are so close to fouling inside on the suspension spindle upright, and outside the tyres nearly catch the rolled guards. 5mm in either direction and it won't work for me without new springs. The rears also 9.5" 19 have maybe 4mm outside before they catch the guards, these could be rolled. I'll let you know
Doolz Member 55 Member For: 18y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/12/07 09:07 PM Posted 20/12/07 09:07 PM Cool apacheIf you have a camera handy, maybe take a few happy snaps. Wonder if there will be much difference 18" and 19" wheels. I have a set of 18. Look forward to your comments. Hope it works for you. All I have to do now is to source them.
apache_dj Member 145 Member For: 21y 4m Location: Auckland NZ Posted 22/12/07 03:39 AM Posted 22/12/07 03:39 AM Well it turns out you cant run the turbo territory fronts on a BA mk1 the calipers match the holes and fit on their own but with the rotor in place the calipers cant be lined up with the mounting holes. I could get smaller rotors, but it kind of defeats the purpose. The TT must have slighty different spindles as the holes are at least 2mm out with the rotors on. I'll have to see if I can swap them for a set of NA Terri brakes, hopefully they'll fit, maybe they'd fit a BF.
apache_dj Member 145 Member For: 21y 4m Location: Auckland NZ Posted 22/12/07 04:42 AM Posted 22/12/07 04:42 AM They'd take a smaller rotor maybe a 325/32mm or a 330/32mm just that 340/32mm isn't going to fit.
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/12/07 10:59 PM Posted 23/12/07 10:59 PM Aren't N/A Terry brakes the same as BF brakes?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 23/12/07 11:10 PM Posted 23/12/07 11:10 PM fronts are the same, but I'm pretty sure the rear are bigger...
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 24/12/07 12:25 AM Posted 24/12/07 12:25 AM if this helps, heres a pic of the standard bf brakes.they are pbr`s.
apache_dj Member 145 Member For: 21y 4m Location: Auckland NZ Posted 24/12/07 01:22 AM Posted 24/12/07 01:22 AM The BF and the NA territory are the same size - looked in the DBA catalog and the rotors are exactly the same. The guy I bought the TT brakes from is gonna swap them for the NA ones so I'll see how they go. Just a pity to change the fronts as I already put new rotors and pads on, still the BF setup has to be better.
cobramad Member 824 Member For: 21y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/12/07 05:29 AM Posted 24/12/07 05:29 AM Hey dude,Best of luck with the conversion, we all know these missiles are dreadfully underbraked, so any improvement would be most welcome! I converted my BA2 Typhoon to Territory rears ages ago, and they made a significant improvement, along with Ferodo DS2500 pads. I found the Ford Textar factory pads noisy, damn hard on rotors and wore out fast. Just pulled the Ferodo 2500's out and with 18k of use, they still had at least 70% remaining. The pedal feel and better retardation these pads offer are great value for money. Do let us know how you go mate! Mal K
Doolz Member 55 Member For: 18y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/12/07 10:59 AM Posted 24/12/07 10:59 AM ApacheThanks for all the info with regards to the brakes. it seems that the rears are alright and the fronts are not. Is it worth getting a couple of good ones for the front and then putting the turbo territory on the rears. Anyway, look into it in the new year.Merry xmas everyone
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now