Territory Turbo Brakes Onto Ba Or Bf?

xr_velocity

• Member For: 16y 10m 26d
I have just purchased all the part to upgrade my rear BA XR sedan brakes to Territory type. I have the PBR C6 Permium callipers in the front.

This is what I purchased and paid:

2 x rear Territory callipers, pads and hoses from a wrecker - $100 a pair (The callipers had done only 15Kms, yes 15.00 kilometers)

2 x backing plates (splash guards) from Ford - $75.

2 x slotted RDA rotors to suite - $230

Now this is a cheap, cost effective upgrade. Forget the Brembos, the DBAs and other over priced brake packages. For the road, this is more than enough!

:bowdown::roflmbo:

so did you only upgrade the rears or are the terry rears able to fit on the front?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 10d

I have Premium Callipers (PBR C6) in the front. Don't need to upgrade these. They are great.

The Territory brakes in the back should create a well balanced brake package at a reasonable cost.

You may be able to install Territory front brakes on a BA. They have to be bigger that the standard BA.

What is ironic is from a brake size point of view, I will have brakes that are only marginally bigger that the ones I had on my old XA with an XC disk rear end!!!! It took 35 years for Ford to start making big brakes standard as they used to be. Disgraceful.

Edited by tab

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 19y 10m 9d

Have PBR premos on the front with Territory rear, RB74 pad front and standard rear with braided lines and Motul fluid and that provides a more than adequate, smooth, non-squealing, fade-free set of stoppers.

Anyone tried the new Bendix Road, track and street pads yet?

Dingah

• 3 weeks later...
  • I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 12d

I tried pricing the Turbo Territory master cylinder and PBR haven't released it yet but they do have a part # (which I forgot to write down :blush: ). Local Ford dealer doesn't have a listing for it. Not even sure if it's different to standard 2WD Terry/BA/BF sedan, just thought with the bigger front makes it may be. The AWD Terry has a different master cylinder but not sure what the difference is. Trade price on the AWD one is about $320.

I'd say there must be some sort of embargo where PBR can't release the OEM products that they make to the public for a certain amount of time. Or maybe they are just flatout trying to supply Ford with enough and haven't got any spares for the aftermarket guys.

The Turbo Territory front rotors are 340mm x 32mm and the Ford BA Premium/PBR upgrade are 325mm x 32mm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 10m 27d

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread but it is exactly what I was looking for - I have got a complete set of turbo territory brakes from a wrecker at a good price - Did anyone else end up putting these on? I wanna know if they had any issues with them going on. I have 19" wheels with a standard 35 offset so they shouldn't give me grief. The rears rotors come close to the inside deflecters from what I've read. How about the fronts, any issues? How do they rate as stoppers. Did you change master cylinders etc. Currently I have dba 4000 rotors and ferodo ds2000 pads on factory front calipers and stock rears. Any info going into the conversion would be cool.

Dan

• Member For: 16y 5m 14d

Apache

thanks for revisiting this old thread. I have been looking at doing the brakes as well and would be interested to see if this can be done.

Forum. If you have done this, please let us know -> front and rear please...

Cheers

:spoton::blink::buttrock::buttrock: