Water/methanol Injection

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

I liked the idea of a larger tank. Doing basic sums gives me 30mins at full boost of water meth.

Another guy here has a big tank in the boot of his BF F6. Has driven from Mackay to Brisbane powercruise (900+km), run it at powercruise then drove back home without filling the tank.

Sweet, When I was on pump fuel I just used to carry an addition small 5L jerry can to take to the track or powercruise etc, and had two separate tunes for the water/meth. But now I just use it to keep IAT's down with the E85 so it doesnt matter if I run out. I think it did help save my new motor though. At the track I ran out of intank pump and the time and it went lean on the gauge (leaner than where it sits normally with the meth on) It was showing .9 on the AFR gauge when I backed off as I felt the hesitation in the deep end. I had tuned it at .80- .82 on E85 but it would site about .72- .76 with the water meth without hurting power. Not sure how much punishment the built motor would have taken but I'm glad I had it on.

You wont have any dramas with Dave mate, he is a legend. He tuned my car the first time before I had bought software. He was the one who got me onto the water meth

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

I still run the water meth with E85 mate, just a small Jet for cooling. Could keep going up in jet size until it starts to quench but haven't really bothered.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 25d

Dave will be tuning it. Just need to get my valve springs done first and the water meth fitted. Went water meth to protect motor and help reduce the heat from the small turbo (gtx3576r on .82 housing)

Let me know when you plan to head down here.

Sh!t fck...I forgot about valve springs! Mate has his done and I had the old BA sedan done before but the car is written off now...

I have a Kinugawa billet comp wheel 6/6 for the turbo but not sure if I'll fit it as no one up here will balance it complete for me and the wastegate needs porting also which I would like Dave to do his usual magic on there...

Now that I look at it I doubt I'll get it all done in time this year?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 17d

Theres a guy up in Mackay that Dave taught on porting wastegates. He did mine. went from 32mm with crap shape to about 35mm with nice flow. Could send it down to him to do? or get a second housing?

If I didnt need valve springs done id be getting mine tuned much quicker. Too much on this time of year. Also need my motorbike tuned....

• Member For: 10y 5m 18d

Im tossing up on a few kits atm..

heres my options..

1/ http://www.hydro-hp.com/T-2.html this kit looks great and a decent price too..

They recommend a PURPLE nozzle which is 500cc based on the info I supplied them re: my engine seize and specs (most of us would be similar)

2/ http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/universal/273-2-bar-stage-2a.html comes with a 441cc nozzle

3/ http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/ - these have an awesome rep with a bigger boot mount tank and also a neater engine bay tank..

4/ http://www.aemelectronics.com/products/water-methanol-injection-systems/water-methanol-injection-kit-for-forced-induction-gasoline-engines

AEM have a great rep too..

and then theres the snow Stage 2 kit obviously..

SO its not all snow all the way it seems with some readups on OS forums and their results..

lots of options but general concensus is to have a min of 250-300 pump size from what I can gather..

and nozzle size seems to be between 375-500 if replying on a power based application and not just the failsafe install..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 25d

Yeah some use the AEM but allot of us bought our Snow kits years ago now. Plus at the time that's what my tuner Dave mentioned he was using and could be bought cheap through ebay so...

I'd say they're all "much of a muchness". Quality pump and quality nozzles are the main things!

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 6d

Im watching this thread with interest.

Living in Darwin where there is no e85 and it is frickin hot as, this seems attractive.

The claims of no turning required, seem too good to be true.

Someone needs to do a proper review and then list all the bits needed to do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Member For: 10y 5m 18d

Not sure anyone has claimed no tuning needed mate..

u "might" gain 5hp with it working but im sure that would come with some hikups in performance..

Iv decided (this week, prob will change my mind back to e85 by the weekend) to go all out and go to a level 3 setup..

Boot mounted 10L tank, guage, solenoid rather than a checkvalve and a falisafe option are VERY attractive..

Snow Stage 3 is up there but the CoolMist CMGS with Autolearn function is currently winning..

Should owe me about $800 landed and I can chip away and install it over a weekend..

I will be tuning to the limit when I run this Kit.. all out HP is the goal and not just a safety option..wont be running massive boost all the time but can have a few smaller level boost tunes to daily about with or even turn it off all together.. from my readings it is very effective when used as an economy tune too..

I think I will also have a tune on E10 (94-95 octane already) with the kit working which should be more effective than a 98 tune and save about $15-20 a tank too..

heres a vid of a similarly powered car with a decent tune and gains about the same I would by tuning on e85..

cheezy vid but the results are great.. about 16-17% gain in power approx 90HP and 100ft/lbs which I think is pretty decent :)