Rebuilding Zf's

CSV_LS1

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 3m 10d

hey guys I have a n/a xr6 with a zf 6speed which apparently turns out to be even crapper then the turbo box. Anyhow I have currently spent a head of $$ on my car and got around 320-330rwhp n/a and having some annoying problems with the box.. We are looking at getting it rebuilt in the near future. who should I contact for pricing? In central QLD

But out biggest problem is that im running atomic 4.5(changed alittle to suit) cam shafts and power doesnt kick in to around 3000rpm and due to standard stall being 1800rpm there is to much load in between there and 3000 rpm making in pretty much dead below that. Anyhow we have been in contact with herrord and should see the 6speed software by early febuary(FINALLY) and just wondering what options have with putting a 3500rpm stall in it?

Also I can not hold it WOT in 1st and shift into 2nd as it flares and goes into limp home mode..

any info would be much appreciated as its a pain to drive under 3000rpm. Hard to even get it off the line..

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

A stock ZF should be more than capable of handling the power level you've got.

I honestly think a rebuild of that level would be a waste of money in your case.

It doesn't really sound like the gearbox is in need of a rebuild in the typical sense we see on this forum, such as worn clutches etc.

Have they looked into what else could be causing your problems?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 25d

I believe there are guys running 3000rpm stalls on there zf. im sure they will jump on soon and let u know wat the go is

Edited by kyle173

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...