Rebuilding Zf's

CSV_LS1

• Member For: 20y 26d

Yeah it's not a happy auto. Trouble quickly engaging gear most times, it shunts when getting off the throttle quickly and feels like it's slipping when taking off in 1st or 2nd.

Do you have his contact details?

Thanks

Edited by Adam

• Member For: 17y 8m 23d

Thanks Jules.

You should be a Mod!

On another note I'm just glad there's someone that's willing to fix the boxes, which means we can give the boxes more torque and rwkw's to worry about hehe.

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 4m 20d

Biggest problem is the filter (which is part of the pan) gets blocked once you up the rwkw’s

Change it out regular and that makes heaps difference.

The input shafts SNAP and/or twist. :crybaby:

The clutch material that blocks the filter is mainly from the direction pack but these discs are cheap as chips to buy genuine.

Most of the shift problems are simply caused by low oil flow and pressure due to the filter.

They are actually very cheap to overhaul. :spoton:

Having said that there is no benefit in beefing the packs up because that will only cause the input shaft to snap sooner. Although the new genuine input shafts look to have a different heat treatment process than the early ones. So in time it might be worth adding another couple of discs and plates.

Some good info there and I've been told exactly the same thing as you.

The only other addition has been there's been a few phoons that have had aftermarket coolers installed (in melbourne) and so far no issues from what I've heard.

500rwkw here we come!

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 4m 20d

The cooler won’t help you one bit apart from keeping the oil cool on low HP vehicles.

You don’t need to have hot oil to Snap the input shaft. Just lots of HP. So to me unless you do track work, the original cooler is fine. neither will save your input shaft.

Im quite interested in doing some track work in the near future so the cooler may come in handy.

I agree with you on the standard cooler for street use though my car is screaming for some track time.

The input shaft is a definate weak point and surely will let me down sooner or later.

I'm sure the box will be overhauled once the tough bottom end goes in.