RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Posted 19/04/07 11:01 PM Posted 19/04/07 11:01 PM Save for clutch now.And flash in the 10PSI tune. At 245RWKW its not that much more to handle and whole bunch more fun.After the clutch, put away a few pennies for the cooler and injectors and re-tune.You'll be wanting those by next summer.
slippunchdump Member 116 Member For: 20y 5m 11d Gender: Male Posted 19/04/07 11:42 PM Posted 19/04/07 11:42 PM I am in the same boat. I am running 250 ATM and my tuner told me it was going when it was on the dyno. I drive the car hard and it has still lasted for 5 months. Mind you I can only gas 1st and 2nd. If I try to gas 3rd once it hits boost it starts to slip. Lucky I started saving for Mal Wood clutch when I was told it was going to go. I will be ordering soon.
byi Legacy Donating Member 159 Member For: 21y 1m 11d Posted 20/04/07 12:24 AM Posted 20/04/07 12:24 AM haha you guys might end up being right...but I'm too scared of breaking something by using the 10psi tune lol...My cars completely stock except for the edit and a big mouth air-filter.. a little worried about the 10psi tune and something breaking Hello,I too recently had my vehicle tunned to 10 Psi from Elite - http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry523894Have a read through my write up. I too am concerned with the safety and reliability of my vehicle and that is why a 10 Psi tune was selected over a 12 Psi one. Cheers,
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 20/04/07 12:53 AM Posted 20/04/07 12:53 AM which gearbox do you have?
Paul@eliteauto Member 843 Member For: 20y 1m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/04/07 03:22 AM Posted 20/04/07 03:22 AM Good stuff guys glad your happy.
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 20/04/07 09:46 AM Posted 20/04/07 09:46 AM iv been doing some testing on the stock bf 6speed clutch.mine will take 690nm in third, if I add a little bit more boost, over 700nm it slipped.so that's around 270rwkw as the limit.I must stress that this is what I observed and may not be the case of everyone.
Paul@eliteauto Member 843 Member For: 20y 1m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/05/07 11:54 PM Posted 08/05/07 11:54 PM bfoon is spot on it depend on the car, wear and tear of the clutch,how much torque and how it comes on.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/05/07 12:14 AM Posted 09/05/07 12:14 AM Mate I have a T56 stock clutch. I am running 220rwkw, If I launch my car really hard, and I am talking about a complete disreguard for mechanical sympathy, it slips. Apart from that never had a drama, and I drive my car hard from time to time. Just dont drag race it.Scotty
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now