March 18, 200719 yr #1 Hi guys. I am new to this forum and am located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne.I am currently looking at getting a BA XR6 Turbo with all the Luxo goodies like Leather, Premium Sound, Sunroof etc.I have found this one recently (CLICK HERE -->RED XR6 TURBO) and have decided to pass on it as I am still a few thousand short and am in no hurry to buy. Does anyone think that was good for the price???My questions are...........1. Should I just buy a BA with all the bits I want as soon as I have the money or should I hold off another 6-12 months, save a bit more and get a BF with the 6 speed Auto???2. If I was to get a BA soon what is a reasonable price to pay for one with around the 50-75000km with all the things I want.Your input in this would be great.CheersJ Edited March 18, 200719 yr by madmaximus
March 18, 200719 yr #2 If you want the BF with the 6 speed Auto wait otherwise you MAY just regret whatever you buy now.(Link doesnt work)
March 18, 200719 yr #3 I'll anwser your first question by saying wait a few months so you can get the 6 speed auto
March 18, 200719 yr #4 In 6 months the Ex police turbos will be on the market. These will all be ZF's and you might even see a few ex police typhoons in qld and vic auctions.The ZF is worth the wait if you are not in a hurry, but you will expect to pay a premium over a 4speeder.
March 18, 200719 yr #5 Author Link Again.......Hope it works.The link is to one on ebay that I have seen on Carpoint or Carsaes about 1 month ago.If the link doesn't work just search TXRSIX in the completed listing to see the car.Here is what the listing says anyways2003 FORD XR6 TURBO.Vixen Red.With VIC Plates: TXRSIX!!!ONE OWNER - WITH SERVICE HISTORY Rego til Dec 2007Over $10,000 of Factory Fitted Options!!!Including (Take a breath) Tilt/Slide Sunroof, Leather interior, Larger 18 inch Ford Alloys with Lock Nuts, Black / Red Momo Steering Wheel and Shifter Knob, Premium Audio Sound System; includes in dash 6 CD stacker, sub woofer in rear shelf, amplifier, upgraded colour LCD screen, Factory XR Floor Mats x4, XR door scuff guards, Slimline weathershields, Bonnet Protector, Headlight Protectors (invisifilm), Boot liner including boot scuff guard, Factory fitted Fire extinguisher and First Aid Kit, Mobile Phone Presenter,Traction Control, ABS, Cruse Control, Automatic with sports shift, Aircon, Fog Lamps, Remote Central Locking, Powered Driver's Seat, Driver / Passenger Air Bags, XR Spoiler Kit, Tacho, Immobiliser, Trip ComputerIncludes Vic Personalised Plates TXRSIXI just want a XR6 Turbo.BA or BF it doesn't matter to me.You guys think then that I am better off waiting till I have enough money for the BF???Is the 6 speed auto THAT MUCH better than the 4 speed from the BA.Thanks for the quick reply guys.
March 18, 200719 yr #6 Is the 6 speed auto THAT MUCH better than the 4 speed from the BA.←In short YES!!! Its stronger and heaps smarter and suits these cars really well.
March 19, 200719 yr #7 my opinion is for you to just buy what you can afford.. But remebering the new falcon is coming out very soon.. so prices will drop dramatically on the ba, bf falcons as the new shape will be on the road. the 4 speed auto is still great and you will grip onto the sterring wheel very hard so you dont end up in the back seat. lol How much is the red 1 above going for as the link doesnt work..? for something decent in a ba with low klms( 60-80) your lookin at 25-26.. im gonna sell mine soon,..hint hint lol
March 19, 200719 yr #9 Author How much is the red 1 above going for as the link doesnt work..?←The one in the link is $25K.Thanks for all your responses.I think I will wait a few months and see what happens with prices of the BF.If I still dont have enough to get a good quality BF then I might just get a well looked after BA.CheersJames
Create an account or sign in to comment