Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted
DST here in W.A. sucks.  I think it sucks because right now it'd be cooler thereby reducing the need for the A/C to be running.  My $.10.

How the does changing the time effect the weather.... :blink:

Because it would be later given the height of the sun in the sky.. Ie, at the drags, it gets darker later, hence colder later, hence we are not going as quick as we could!!!!!

  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Oh no all the WA men are getting on the bus with erections. :blink:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
Just caught a bit of the news, which I tend to avoid 'cause it generally sh!ts me off.

I love this state and to be honest wouldn't want to live anywhere else but FFS.

80% of people in a recent phone did'nt want day light saving and the Govt. / Opposition are considering an early referendum. :finger:

People over here need to get a life. The decision to trial it over three years was a good one 'cause it gives the slow learners a chance to get with the programme.

End of Rant :blink:

:fool:

DST has it's good sides and bad as well, but longer daylight for those of us who does not get home from work till 6 pm is great (hot or not)

Isn't it amazing though, before the trial it was 75% in favour in the city, and now against :Doh: Something wrong with the stats here :roflmbo:

86.9% of stats are made up on the spot :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 13d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

I don't mind daylight savings here in canberra :blink: I'm a shift worker, and I love it that if I'm on a 12hr shift I can be home by 6-7pm and still have some light left until bed time. Nothing worse then waking up in the dark, and getting home in the dark :spoton:

  • I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, south west
Posted

Is this thread about daylight savings, drunken footy players, or just a general rant about about how spaz Western Australia is? :blink:

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
DST here in W.A. sucks.  I think it sucks because right now it'd be cooler thereby reducing the need for the A/C to be running.  My $.10.

How the does changing the time effect the weather.... :spoton:

Because it would be later given the height of the sun in the sky.. Ie, at the drags, it gets darker later, hence colder later, hence we are not going as quick as we could!!!!!

:blink:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted
Just caught a bit of the news, which I tend to avoid 'cause it generally sh!ts me off.

I love this state and to be honest wouldn't want to live anywhere else but FFS.

80% of people in a recent phone did'nt want day light saving and the Govt. / Opposition are considering an early referendum. :tease:

People over here need to get a life. The decision to trial it over three years was a good one 'cause it gives the slow learners a chance to get with the programme.

End of Rant :blink:

:Doh:

DST has it's good sides and bad as well, but longer daylight for those of us who does not get home from work till 6 pm is great (hot or not)

Isn't it amazing though, before the trial it was 75% in favour in the city, and now against :roflmbo: Something wrong with the stats here :finger:

86.9% of stats are made up on the spot :spoton:

I would have said 99.8% ... if I'd had a moment to think about it :fool:

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted
DST here in W.A. sucks.  I think it sucks because right now it'd be cooler thereby reducing the need for the A/C to be running.  My $.10.

How the does changing the time effect the weather.... :agent:

Because it would be later given the height of the sun in the sky.. Ie, at the drags, it gets darker later, hence colder later, hence we are not going as quick as we could!!!!!

:spoton:

Oooooh now I'm with you....so over roughly a 12 hour period that the sun is in the sky for, if we dont shift the clock back an hour, it will be cooler at the end of the day... :blink:

Guest newl
  • Guests
Posted

Well of course it will be. :spoton: However the point he was trying to make with the example was that it will be cooler sooner in the evening instead of later in the evening.

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 9d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted

I reckon as a general rule during daylight saving months, all WA timeslips ET's should be reduced by 1 full second due to the hotter weather :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...