F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 10m 24d Location: In The Ute Posted 07/03/07 12:21 AM Posted 07/03/07 12:21 AM Gotta agree with Shock on this subject.Kaspersky is the Go and then second to that I would use Nod32. Norton hogs the CPU and then doesn’t seem to detect as much as Kaspersky. As shock also mentioned.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/03/07 03:44 AM Author Posted 07/03/07 03:44 AM I'm with Rob, but I dont use the partition for work it just stores all my pRon. Format Flukey live free. I reckon 90% of virus's are propogated by these companies just so you'll use there product.... ←Ok, it sounds like we are on the same page.C Drive: I have all my operting system, programs etcD Drive: All my music, pics, files etc.They are two seperate drives.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 07/03/07 03:50 AM Posted 07/03/07 03:50 AM Vitamin C works well..............←Prevention is better than a cure , try a condom
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/03/07 06:45 AM Posted 07/03/07 06:45 AM I guess that could be called virus protection
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 07/03/07 07:14 AM Posted 07/03/07 07:14 AM OK now what Buffy.....
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/03/07 07:19 AM Posted 07/03/07 07:19 AM Even looks like Jules!
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 1d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 07/03/07 11:11 AM Posted 07/03/07 11:11 AM AVG here...It's free and it works...
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 07/03/07 11:15 AM Posted 07/03/07 11:15 AM NOD32 for me Lukey boy.Being a little more left field than the big boys, means less of a target for the trojans and other crap that gets around trying to disable it.Also doesnt hog the resources like the big boys.Work offers me free McAfee, and I still wont use the crap !Alan
O2STOCK Legacy Donating Member 607 Member For: 21y 17d Location: Brisbane Posted 07/03/07 11:23 AM Posted 07/03/07 11:23 AM Nortons Home is sh*t house never use it any more.AVG is the best around for free. Who wants to spend big $$ on corp edition nortons ???Ian and dags have the right idea you need to manage your system do dumb things expect trouble. Just my 2c I am sure others will disagree.
O2STOCK Legacy Donating Member 607 Member For: 21y 17d Location: Brisbane Posted 07/03/07 11:28 AM Posted 07/03/07 11:28 AM By the way a partition will not help you as the virus attacks the OS in most cases or hard drives mostly C: FAT tables etc............ Dont think you are safe by running a partition...... Use a different PC to play dont use the work one unless the data on it is not important. As I tell all my customers, use your home PC to look at puss in boots not the work ones which run $$$$$ systems
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now