Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

Gotta be better than the 'overpriced car wash'. Also known as 'Ming'. Looked great, for a wee while. From now on. My hands and arms will provide the protection.

Hope 'Polaris' works well for you. I suppose you cannot buy the product seperatley?

  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted
Gonna try "ScratchX" then "Gold Class wax"....And if I'm really keen, "Wet look".

Ed....etc;

Meguires make a product called Clear Coat Prep and Swirl Reducer which I used on my ol EL XR6 (Royal Blue). Did a good job. I would use that first then Gold Class Wax. You don't need to use wet look as well if you use the wax unless you really get your jollies polishing the car more than once in a cleaning session. :D

Work a bigger thirst up that way I suppose. :thumbsup:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 12d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Not sure how good this polaris paint protection is, I noticed this afternoon that part of the quarter panel and rear spoiler still had swirl marks in it, great swirl marks have been sealed in.

I spoke to Polaris and they agreed to check it out and redo, I'd say they missed polishing that part of the car.

Polaris - polish for the lazy :D

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
half the fun is cleaning it!

It's a fine line between driving it (clean) and keeping it clean.

I just like standing back after a really good clean and look at it. I don't want to drive it after that just to get it dirty again. :pukeup:

couldnt have said it better myself.

nothing more frustrating than deciding what to do after a full wax; go for a cruise and get it dirty again or jam the car covers on it?

BTW, I accidentally rubbed my mudflaps with my applicator, now they have white wax marks on them! Looks terrible! Any ideas on how to remove the wax? Maybe that meguiars rubber cleaner stuff?

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

Yeah mate same here, have to be super careful with the applicator.

One way is to put the vinyl protector on (thick) before you wax the car, that helps a bit if you hit it with the applicator.

The vinyl protector covers the white mark for awhile, until it dries up, then the white mark is back. :angry:

I did send an e-mail to Meguires with the question of how to get rid of the white mark, I have tried metho, prepsol and detergent, no go. There has still been no reply from Meguires (sent e-mail about 3 months ago) :angry:

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

Silverhawk,

I though they did.....There, I'm not going mad, man 3 places and they didn't have the swirl reducer.

Well thought I'd give "Meguiars ScratchX" a go instead. Following up with Meguiars "Gold Class" wax.

Tell you what. Gold Class worked a treat. Arms feel like they are about to drop off but the cars shiny!!! B)

I think I like the Gold Class wax over the Wet Look. I looked at the reflection on the roof of the XR to see the roll-a-door in perfect detail, back of the car showing the houses across the street in perfect detail. "Cro" would have been proud...lol.

Couldn't get the 'ripper' scratches off but that newbie on the bonnet, 15cm gouge reduced to a fine 4 cm line, gotta be happy with that.

Finish is not perfect, has a few scars but it's a damn site better than what it was yesterday!

If I had a digital Camera, there would be an attachment. Providing the glare from the flash didn't 'white out' the whole shot. :lol:

Don't worry dude,

There's a bottle of Cougar XL and it has my name on it :thumbsup:

  • The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 29d
  • Location: Dodge Scat Pack
Posted

A professional scratch remover is Freckler. it is sold in various grades at auto paint supply shops.

Most panel beathers also use Plum Crazy or Auto Glym.

These products absolutely smoke the stuff that is sold in auto retail stores.

Check with a good spray painter and get the tips from him.

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
A professional scratch remover is Freckler. it is sold in various grades at auto paint supply shops.

its farecla, not freckler!

beware though, this stuff is best used with a electric buffer, which may add swirl marks, which look absolutely terrible under certain light and with certain colours of paint. Swirl marks that were put there by a electric buffer can be a real b**ch to remove.

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

Well that settles it..........I'll stick with Meguires, but have heard of Plum Crazy before :blush:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...