profrat Member 126 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Location: Eastern Victoria Posted 15/07/04 12:53 PM Posted 15/07/04 12:53 PM I had severe brake shudder using the EBC greenstuff pads on my VL Turbo with the DBS slotted front disks. Trouble is, until the shudder became a problem they worked FANTASTIC. Best pads for cold bite and pedal feel I have had. I finally had to go for an inferior pad on the front to cure the deposit build up and shudder. Had no problems with them on the rear (non slotted) discs though and kept using them there. I will be trying them again on the 'T' when the time comes. I am hoping that with the plain discs there will be no problem, but only 'suck it and see' will tell. Anyone have any experience with the 'greenstuff' on standard XR6T discs?
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 15/07/04 11:26 PM Posted 15/07/04 11:26 PM I had severe brake shudder using the EBC greenstuff pads on my VL Turbo with the DBS slotted front disks. Trouble is, until the shudder became a problem they worked FANTASTIC. Best pads for cold bite and pedal feel I have had. I finally had to go for an inferior pad on the front to cure the deposit build up and shudder. Had no problems with them on the rear (non slotted) discs though and kept using them there. I will be trying them again on the 'T' when the time comes. I am hoping that with the plain discs there will be no problem, but only 'suck it and see' will tell. Anyone have any experience with the 'greenstuff' on standard XR6T discs? I think you'll find if you have a chat to Steve from DBA that in the past Greenstuff pads have had issues on the DBA slotted rotors leaving deposits as you say. I think Greenstuff have rectified this buy introducing their new pad Ultra Greenstuff. Greenstuff are a good pad but I prefer the Ferrodo's mainly because I haven't had a problem yet with them.
Chris xr6 Member 376 Member For: 22y 6m 11d Location: Shire Posted 16/07/04 01:27 AM Posted 16/07/04 01:27 AM I think many of the problems with greenstuff can be avoided by being kind and ensuring proper warm down after giving them a thrashing I think a lot of people who have used both believe the ferodos are superior to them though
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 16/07/04 02:39 AM Posted 16/07/04 02:39 AM Guys as scotty and myself have said before fit qfm pads cost 50 to 60 bucks no shudder end of story.Ian
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 16/07/04 02:48 AM Posted 16/07/04 02:48 AM Listen to the man with a fettish for GOLD He speaks the truth Ours are still going strong. The QFM brake pads do solve the problem.
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 19/07/04 11:05 AM Posted 19/07/04 11:05 AM Ever so slight hint of shudder at the weekend Hope its not coming back
Lord Cyric Just sit back and enjoy the ride...! Legacy Donating Member 1,121 Member For: 23y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 27/07/04 06:35 AM Posted 27/07/04 06:35 AM My "Black Beast" has finally started shuddering and is going in on Thursday to get fixed up. Just over 23000km before the first occurance....
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 28/07/04 11:19 AM Posted 28/07/04 11:19 AM Ever so slight hint of shudder at the weekend Hope its not coming backIts definitely back , and getting worse quickly
BarraTurbine Member 6 Member For: 22y 2m 20d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 28/07/04 11:26 AM Posted 28/07/04 11:26 AM The brake shudder is a problem ford is aware of and have moved to fix it on cars with problems It involves a different pad and a new style shim to allow let run out on the disc
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 28/07/04 11:32 AM Posted 28/07/04 11:32 AM The brake shudder is a problem ford is aware of and have moved to fix it on cars with problems It involves a different pad and a new style shim to allow let run out on the disc I have had the shim done previously, but I think they just skimmed the pads last time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now