Basketballer_vince Member 136 Member For: 22y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/02/07 11:51 PM Posted 14/02/07 11:51 PM Need Help!! Just put in a 27mm whiteline bar yesterday and then today when I'm driving I hear this thumping sound every time I go over something like it's hitting something or it's to done up right ? looked under the car today everthing seem to look ok is it possible that I've install the sway bar upside down or is it's hitting something ? can anyone help ? or does anyone have some pictures ?
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 24d Posted 15/02/07 12:08 AM Posted 15/02/07 12:08 AM Need Help!! Just put in a 27mm whiteline bar yesterday and then today when I'm driving I hear this thumping sound every time I go over something like it's hitting something or it's to done up right ? looked under the car today everthing seem to look ok is it possible that I've install the sway bar upside down or is it's hitting something ? can anyone help ? or does anyone have some pictures ?←From memory I don't think you can install them upside down.Is it the front or the rear? I had the a bit of a thumping souns when I first installed my rear bar, turned out it just needed to be tightened up a bit more.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/02/07 12:12 AM Posted 15/02/07 12:12 AM Same here,mine thumped bad and took it back and it just needed a tighten at the lower control arm end on the drivers side.Has not missed a beat in 6 months since.I would say it needs time to settle then get retightened.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 15/02/07 12:12 AM Posted 15/02/07 12:12 AM Need Help!! Just put in a 27mm whiteline bar yesterday and then today when I'm driving I hear this thumping sound every time I go over something like it's hitting something or it's to done up right ? looked under the car today everthing seem to look ok is it possible that I've install the sway bar upside down or is it's hitting something ? can anyone help ? or does anyone have some pictures ?←Do a search for Sway Bars and you will find some info, as I have posted about this type of installation a while ago.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 15/02/07 02:52 AM Posted 15/02/07 02:52 AM It's upside down Miss Jane.. I did the same thing today when I put mine back
Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 15/02/07 02:58 AM Posted 15/02/07 02:58 AM You would know if it was upside down and it would be hard to fit. Mine got a noise turned out to be a nut that needed tightening on the control arm. wasn't much, but it sure made a noise.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now