silverchris Member 129 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Location: Bulleen, Vic Posted 13/02/07 05:46 AM Posted 13/02/07 05:46 AM (edited) Thinks that's bad....get a look a my chart. When I give it heaps I can feel every little peak and trough on that graph. It's got plenty of pull, but it surges and misfires near the max revs (before the rev limited cuts in that is).Very disappointed. Tuner tells me I probably need new spark plugs, despite the fact he re-gapped them to CAPA's recommendations and they've only done 60,000km and Ford say they should do 100,000km.Getting the tune re-done tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a better result or I'll be looking for a new tuner and outing this one for being a dud. Edited 13/02/07 05:47 AM by silverchris
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Posted 13/02/07 06:10 AM Posted 13/02/07 06:10 AM Thinks that's bad....get a look a my chart. When I give it heaps I can feel every little peak and trough on that graph. It's got plenty of pull, but it surges and misfires near the max revs (before the rev limited cuts in that is).Very disappointed. Tuner tells me I probably need new spark plugs, despite the fact he re-gapped them to CAPA's recommendations and they've only done 60,000km and Ford say they should do 100,000km.Getting the tune re-done tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a better result or I'll be looking for a new tuner and outing this one for being a dud.←Is that a CUSTOM tune.
Muzza No V6 for me thanks!! Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 21y 2m 1d Location: Newcastle Posted 13/02/07 06:17 AM Posted 13/02/07 06:17 AM (edited) Thinks that's bad....get a look a my chart. When I give it heaps I can feel every little peak and trough on that graph. It's got plenty of pull, but it surges and misfires near the max revs (before the rev limited cuts in that is).Very disappointed. Tuner tells me I probably need new spark plugs, despite the fact he re-gapped them to CAPA's recommendations and they've only done 60,000km and Ford say they should do 100,000km.Getting the tune re-done tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a better result or I'll be looking for a new tuner and outing this one for being a dud.←Try some motorcraft BF Typhoon plugs gaped to the capa recommendation (.78mm) & you maybe needing a fuel filter if you havn't allready.Stock fuel pump should be ok at that power level.It's not allways the tuner at falt (sometimes it is) as preperation plays a major part.Has this tuner got much of a back ground with the Advantage 3 software? Maybe you could suggest the Nizpro tuners courses. Good luck with it.Muzza. Edited 13/02/07 06:21 AM by Muzza
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 16d Gender: Male Posted 13/02/07 06:21 AM Posted 13/02/07 06:21 AM ←yours really plateaus there doesnt it!
silverchris Member 129 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Location: Bulleen, Vic Posted 13/02/07 06:36 AM Posted 13/02/07 06:36 AM Thinks that's bad....get a look a my chart. When I give it heaps I can feel every little peak and trough on that graph. It's got plenty of pull, but it surges and misfires near the max revs (before the rev limited cuts in that is).Very disappointed. Tuner tells me I probably need new spark plugs, despite the fact he re-gapped them to CAPA's recommendations and they've only done 60,000km and Ford say they should do 100,000km.Getting the tune re-done tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a better result or I'll be looking for a new tuner and outing this one for being a dud.←Is that a CUSTOM tune. ←Yeah, hard to believe, but it is. And it took 7 attempts to get it there!
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 13/02/07 07:56 AM Posted 13/02/07 07:56 AM Put new plugs in it, the ones Muzza sugested... I put new ones in mine last weekend ( old ones have done 22k and were fairly black, crusty and red speckled thanks to occy booster ) BIG improvment with the new ones. It was breaking up a bit but its very smooth now
mickey_gee Member 593 Member For: 21y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 13/02/07 09:54 AM Posted 13/02/07 09:54 AM I added the plugs Muzza suggested and it made a difference. No misfires or unexpacted bad stuff now
rednuts81 Get on the end of it..... Member 578 Member For: 20y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 13/02/07 10:14 AM Posted 13/02/07 10:14 AM I have just had my car tuned. I am happy with the result but I would like another opinion with the dyno printout. Is this curve normal. Boost apparently is at 12 psi and Im not sure what torque is at.←I thought it was one contiuous smooth curve like this, but hey I dont know
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now