Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 7d
Posted
I have the following mods

wog cooler

deka injectors

cobra valve springs

k&n

typhoon CAI

3" metal cat (magnaflow)

the car currently puts out 309 rwkw

what would be the next step without spending too much

what is the limit on the pistons and rods in these motors?

I want to try to keep the stock exhaust as I dont like noisy cars

hi, can I ask u how much u spend for these modification?

just wanna know.

hav u upgrade your braking system, transmission cooler? get semi slick tyre :spoton:

next step should take off your rear seat together with spare tyre and other useless things when u go race. then the car should be faster without spend $0.01 :smilielol:

just my opinion anyway. :spoton:

  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted (edited)
what would be the next step without spending too much

what is the limit on the pistons and rods in these motors?

I want to try to keep the stock exhaust as I dont like noisy cars

Hey, I would like to go into space without spending too much :fool:

At 309 rwkw you will be perilessly close to breaking your trans, or as a minimum cooking a band or clutch pack.

If you drive a BA model, then your rods are probably walking a thin line as well.

Stock exhaust is probably not helping either.

If you try to pull more power without strengthening anything else, then good luck to you :laughing::w00t2:

Edited by Ninka
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 19d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

all mods cost me just under 4K

I do have a 24000 btu trans coller to help keep the tras together

So I am pretty much on the limit of everything!

who can build a good trans in adelaide

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 17d
  • Location: SA
Posted

who can build a good trans in adelaide

I asked much the same a few weeks back for my brother's EL. Some of the guy's on here recommended Modbury Autos and had their BA's done there. A mate who runs outlaw speed shop had recommended Transteer at Glynde and Transtech in the city.

  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 20y 9m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

I used Modbury auto,s and am very happy with th job,I have the same power as you and must say the mod that made my car feel the fastest was the 3000 stall convertor

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 19d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted (edited)

I have just had my car tuned. I am happy with the result but I would like another opinion with the dyno printout. Is this curve normal. Boost apparently is at 12 psi and Im not sure what torque is at.

post-10313-1171288876_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1234me
  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted

I know some would say it's ok but for me the air fuel ratio is a little low.

Needs more fuel in the lower power section.

This may smooth out the power abit.

But other wise it looks good.

Ian

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 15d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Not sure about the dip in the middle ? The best curve is the one which is linear, with out dips or spikes. It depends on what you are after, max power / drivability / seat of the pants feel ?

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Yeah a fraction more fuel at 120ish kays would be good, though if you have a decent sized intercooler you'll get away with it.

I wouldnt like to combine these afr's with the high intake temps of a stock intercooler.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 2d
Posted

Although based on the graph his IT Temp was LOWER than atmospheric. :spoton:

Smooth graph is always better but can you feel the flat spot?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...