Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/02/07 09:32 PM Posted 13/02/07 09:32 PM (edited) The twisty bits are fun if you're on your own, but passengers will be feeling rather sick at the end if you push on a bit. This cruise is on some seriously twisty road, not just gentle bends. hhehe.Lucky for me, my girlfriend is used to twisty roads and late night runs She enjoys it just as much as I do.Bad luck Rob on the CV's :( Edited 13/02/07 09:32 PM by Bain
TUFXRT6 Legacy Donating Member 687 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/02/07 12:34 AM Posted 14/02/07 12:34 AM How many people will be coming back to melbourne via the westgate bridge as I havent really gone to geelong/lawn before and I dont want to get lost on the way home lol I know my home from that westgate that's all Thanks Michael.←I think most of the cruise have to travel back the Melbourne way so there will be some one to follow
INPURSUIT Fastest Taxi In Melbourne Legacy Donating Member 701 Member For: 20y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/02/07 04:33 AM Posted 14/02/07 04:33 AM just a reminder to everyone coming on the cruise that I have "BA workshop manuals" for anyone that wants one, it is free of charge, but in return I ask for a blank cd.pm me if you would like me to burn you a copy cheersanthony
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/02/07 08:39 AM Author Posted 14/02/07 08:39 AM Our route looks pretty clear according to VicRoads apart for some lower speeds along the Princes Highway close to Geelong.For silverchris heading onwards along B100 from Lorne, the Fairhaven SLSC have something on which reduces the speed near Fairhaven. The cruise route turns off at Lorne to head north which avoids this at Fairhaven.
silverchris Member 129 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Location: Bulleen, Vic Posted 14/02/07 11:19 AM Posted 14/02/07 11:19 AM For silverchris heading onwards along B100 from Lorne, the Fairhaven SLSC have something on which reduces the speed near Fairhaven. The cruise route turns off at Lorne to head north which avoids this at Fairhaven.EvilDaifu, thanks for that advance warning. I might change my mind on the day and turn north with the cruise after all. I'll try to find out more about what the event is and what sort of crowd it might pull. If there's likely to be a queue of cars heading back to Geelong I'd rather be in the one that's all Fords!!
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 12d Gender: Male Posted 15/02/07 11:43 PM Posted 15/02/07 11:43 PM Not long now!!!!
TUFXRT6 Legacy Donating Member 687 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/02/07 12:54 AM Posted 16/02/07 12:54 AM Yeap, restaurant is booked
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 12d Gender: Male Posted 16/02/07 02:57 AM Posted 16/02/07 02:57 AM X-L-ENT!well im mega happy... fully qualified fitter & turner as of TODAY (yes.. off to the pub after work!!! ), just signed a nice contract for my new job AND got the cruise sunday!If it wasn't for the massive heat soak my cooler will feel on sunday and the lack of mods to the ute.. things couldn't be any better right now!!
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 16/02/07 03:21 AM Posted 16/02/07 03:21 AM Your 100% spot on SCRIBR, all of us stockie's are going to suffer real bad from heat soak, hope that cool change comes through for the return trip..
TUFXRT6 Legacy Donating Member 687 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/02/07 03:44 AM Posted 16/02/07 03:44 AM Im running stock & I think the major issue is not heat soak but more brake fade.
Recommended Posts