ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 08/01/07 10:34 AM Posted 08/01/07 10:34 AM Fitting a bigger cooler lost me power when I fitted it to my car.Because of the larger volume of air required to fill it I lost boost.I did recover and gain power after retune.←oh yea that what I ment once the car is tuned that why I asked ifhe was getting a edit.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 08/01/07 11:05 AM Posted 08/01/07 11:05 AM So whats the BF2 got that's new? Bigger cat... anything else?
Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 08/01/07 11:07 AM Posted 08/01/07 11:07 AM Reading does seem really high for a stock T.However I look forward to seeing the results with the cooler, I have the same for my car but haven't put it on yet.I'll also be interested in the xcal2, as I'm considering that at the moment so will be interested to see what you think of it.
koppers Member 119 Member For: 19y 9m 18d Posted 08/01/07 11:09 AM Posted 08/01/07 11:09 AM Thanks for the tune today Paul, especially on such short notice. We're very impressed with the results. Not to mention the drivability. For those interested in our printout, perhaps for heat comparisons, here is out HP vs AFR sheet. (Mods are F6 CAI, K&N filter, 3 inch di filippo full exhaust and 968 injectors.)Once again paul, thanks to you and the crew for today. We look forward to using your services further in the future.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 08/01/07 11:16 AM Posted 08/01/07 11:16 AM ^^^^ Looks like it would drive smooth and looks safe... what boost?
simonhoare Member 85 Member For: 20y 28d Location: S.A Posted 08/01/07 11:21 AM Posted 08/01/07 11:21 AM Why is the intake temperature so high. On an xrt you miight het up to 5 degrees more but not that much.The higher the intake temp the higher the kw reading.Just seems strange to me.←It was a stinking hot day here today and especially at wacol.You could be right paul.It does seem high for a stocky←yep it was hot at Archerfield too.We tuned a Bf auto today and got 265 rwkw with standard cooler on 10 psi.←boost...last quote.
koppers Member 119 Member For: 19y 9m 18d Posted 08/01/07 11:23 AM Posted 08/01/07 11:23 AM 10 psi mate, with 90% of that seen at 3000 rpm.
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 08/01/07 08:47 PM Posted 08/01/07 08:47 PM A question for those who are so quick to state a particular dyno is accurate......how do you know?Dingah
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/01/07 09:14 PM Posted 08/01/07 09:14 PM Well I hope that particular dyno doesn't overstate...174kw in the old ute was embarrassing enough
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 08/01/07 09:43 PM Posted 08/01/07 09:43 PM That power figure is in the range of a standard bf typhoon auto so if it is true that is one top motor.Ian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now