Tex Member 56 Member For: 22y 4m 15d Location: Brisbane Posted 08/01/07 09:49 PM Author Posted 08/01/07 09:49 PM A question for those who are so quick to state a particular dyno is accurate......how do you know?Dingah←After I saw the figures I was qick to ask if the dyno was accurate I was told that it had just been calibrated so it should be. I am curious about the high intake temp though because they will give you a high reading.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Posted 08/01/07 10:45 PM Posted 08/01/07 10:45 PM By comparing it's results to the other other dynos our cars have been on, running the same mods and tune.Mine has had over 100 runs on the FIST dyno and it's results have been within 2 or 3 KW to 2 different dyno's. Hearing that from a number of customers would suggest that the unit it relatively accurate.I went out at midday yesterday (around Wacol) and the external temp display in the car showed 39, so it would not be more the 4 or 5 degrees off. It's a lot cooler today so a backup run in the cooler weather and new cooler will be interesting...
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Posted 08/01/07 10:47 PM Posted 08/01/07 10:47 PM Im getting 260kw and I only done CAI FIlter rear mufflers removed and a custom tune
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 4d Location: Canberra Posted 08/01/07 10:50 PM Posted 08/01/07 10:50 PM On the face of it, that's a pretty good result , crans, assuming you have safe AFRs etc. But, as those who have gone further down the mod track will know, it's not all about the peak power figure. A car running 260rwkw on stock injectors will feel very different to drive compared to a car making 260rwkw with larger injectors, for example.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/01/07 10:55 PM Posted 08/01/07 10:55 PM Your dead right there bugster. Simon from Xtreme ford tuning and i decided to turn my car down from 345+ rwkw because the afr's where starting to climb because of my stock pump and smallich injectors. the car now has 327rwkw on 14 psi and is sooo much faster in the top and stronger through the mid range its not even funny. Its been said before its not the kw figure that matters its the shape of the curve that matters...
wrxkilla Member 106 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Posted 08/01/07 11:17 PM Posted 08/01/07 11:17 PM hey TexI thought you was leaving it stock for a while?that's what I remember you saying???hahah good work mate!michael
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/01/07 11:23 PM Posted 08/01/07 11:23 PM As I have learnt the hard way, by being reminded by a certain thread mining member, 'anything you say, can and will be used against you the FordXR6Turbo.com forum' at some time, so be careful what you say
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 14d Gender: Male Posted 08/01/07 11:38 PM Posted 08/01/07 11:38 PM in my expierence, I went to a dyno day with all the guys from wa and my car was the only one that ran a figure that was a bit too high to believe..my reading said 297rwhp, which I dont believe as at the track I got exactly the same terminal mph as xxxr6t when his car had just under 270rwhp..as I said my run was on a dyno day and noone elses was particularly high I dont think.. its just one of those things.nice figure none the less mate!!
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Posted 08/01/07 11:49 PM Posted 08/01/07 11:49 PM Your dead right there bugster. Simon from Xtreme ford tuning and I decided to turn my car down from 345+ rwkw because the afr's where starting to climb because of my stock pump and smallich injectors. the car now has 327rwkw on 14 psi and is sooo much faster in the top and stronger through the mid range its not even funny. Its been said before its not the kw figure that matters its the shape of the curve that matters... ←Yeah I realise peak power isnt everything.My car does feel like it could use alittle bit more power in the lower end. It is currently on the limits of the injectors. It pulls pritty hard for what little mods I have done.Thinking about getting some custom piping and cooler done soon. I wanna lower the boost abit
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/01/07 11:57 PM Posted 08/01/07 11:57 PM i should state that one of the reasons for the good power on lowish boost is the nizpro manifold and cooler that im running.if you want more low down power talk to your tuner. Thats one of the best things about the T's..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now