Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 09/12/06 09:26 AM Posted 09/12/06 09:26 AM Yeah, Symonds is a great fielder, but I don't think he is a test player, but he will probably get another chance. His bowling is only just on the positive side of average and wouldn't worry too many batsmen in the 5 day game, just another fill in bowler like Clarke I think.I would have liked Australia give a chance to some of the younger guys who have been knocking on the door for a few years, I.e. Jacques or Marcus North. However with the amount of lefties in the side I reckon that's why they went a right hander in Voges or Symonds. I'd personally like to see Voges get a go.Also, I can't work out why they drop Tait out of the squad when he has hardly put a foot wrong this season. I guess I will never be a selector though!
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 09/12/06 09:29 AM Posted 09/12/06 09:29 AM Also, I can't work out why they drop Tait out of the squad when he has hardly put a foot wrong this season. I guess I will never be a selector though!←Because McGrath is a precious iddums who tells the selectors when he wants to play. He isn't picked, he picks himself. Over genuine decent bowlers like Tait.Lumpy
Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 09/12/06 10:01 AM Posted 09/12/06 10:01 AM Also, I can't work out why they drop Tait out of the squad when he has hardly put a foot wrong this season. I guess I will never be a selector though!←Because McGrath is a precious iddums who tells the selectors when he wants to play. He isn't picked, he picks himself. Over genuine decent bowlers like Tait.Lumpy ←In fairness, McGrath has had a great career and deserves to get a go, especially when we are still winning. He hasn't done that much wrong lately anyway. But I know you don't like him! I'm more along the lines of Tait v Johnson, not a big fan of Johnson yet.
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 09/12/06 09:39 PM Posted 09/12/06 09:39 PM How many wickets has McGrath got for Oz now...must be close to 500 now
Lord Cyric Just sit back and enjoy the ride...! Legacy Donating Member 1,121 Member For: 23y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 10/12/06 06:25 PM Posted 10/12/06 06:25 PM How many wickets has McGrath got for Oz now...must be close to 500 now ←He's got 551 wickets now.For me, that one afternoon session at Lords last year just proves how good the Pigeon is.... I was there to witness the devastation!!!
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 11/12/06 04:30 AM Posted 11/12/06 04:30 AM How many wickets has McGrath got for Oz now...must be close to 500 now ←He's got 551 wickets now.For me, that one afternoon session at Lords last year just proves how good the Pigeon is.... I was there to witness the devastation!!! ←One Innings of a five test series? We can't afford a 'strike' bowler to be on only every few tests. Especially when we only play 3+1.Lumpy
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 11/12/06 09:17 AM Posted 11/12/06 09:17 AM Yeah absolutely - couldn't agree more
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/12/06 09:16 AM Posted 12/12/06 09:16 AM Well Roy boy is back in the test side, for his sake I hope he relaxes and does well. I would like to see him a permanat member of the Aussie test side for at least a couple of years.I believe he would be a good mentor for some young and up and commers, as he has definately experienced the highs and lows of Aussie cricket.Go Roy Boy, best of luck.Scotty
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 12/12/06 09:42 AM Posted 12/12/06 09:42 AM Yeah absolutely - couldn't agree more←You're not exactly helping Trent.... Lumpy
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/12/06 11:46 AM Posted 12/12/06 11:46 AM Yeah absolutely - couldn't agree more←You're not exactly helping Trent.... Lumpy ←Do you know what grass they use at the Gabba? It seems to perform so much better than that sh!t in Adelaide.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now