F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 29/10/06 08:26 AM Author Posted 29/10/06 08:26 AM Forgot to mention. My F6 cooler had a hole in the back of it. At the junction of the core/end tank..Warranty????? lol..
Guest newl Guests Posted 29/10/06 08:43 AM Posted 29/10/06 08:43 AM Warranty????? lol..hahaha Bit late for that don't ya think Ben? Actually..I wonder if you could get them to swap it so you could sell the stocker..
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 2d Gender: Male Posted 29/10/06 10:14 AM Posted 29/10/06 10:14 AM Great work mate just a quick question, I dont want to discredit your work or any thing.But isnt the point in changing the pipe work to reduce the length of it? I know the bigger size helps to but I aslo thought the length had some thing to do with it, and the way yours/aps have run there pipe work it looks just as long?Im just curious that's all im not to familiar with the knowledge of piping with coolers etc, so im not having a go.Cheers mateMichael.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 29/10/06 10:18 AM Author Posted 29/10/06 10:18 AM (edited) Like I said. The pipework is not permanent, and it's to see the benefit purely of the cooler and upsized pipes.By keeping them long, and not going around the back of the plenum and into the TB, I can now see what benefit has been made, soley by one mod.This is also the same path APS take, and they claim not excess lag from there setup. I will dyno it with factory crossover, and then with a pipe made up to replace it, and also with a pod filter instead of the factory setup...I will then ditch all the pipe, and fit a plenum. I will then know exactly how much gain is made from the plenum alone - my ultimate goal.. No point changing 6 things at once and not knowing which is a better BFYB mod..Edit: The factory pipe under headlight, as reported by many is squished down considerably. Even though I keep the same length, I remove restriction. Also larger diameter overall.. Edited 29/10/06 10:21 AM by F6 UTE
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 2d Gender: Male Posted 29/10/06 10:23 AM Posted 29/10/06 10:23 AM yeah ok, I was just asking I wasnt having a go you have done a great job and it looks awsome I was just wondering that's all.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 29/10/06 10:44 AM Posted 29/10/06 10:44 AM Yeah it just comes down to the bigger diameter pipes being able to flow alot more air, they do make a very noticable difference with the bigger intercoolers. I found boost comes on eariler and hits harder, top end is improved too.Good to see your gonna dyno it in stages, should be great to see where the power increases are.
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/10/06 12:54 AM Posted 30/10/06 12:54 AM good stuff mate
Dannopower Legacy Donating Member 421 Member For: 21y 4m Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 30/10/06 01:56 AM Posted 30/10/06 01:56 AM Looks great mate, and a great write up as well.Just wondering a couple of things,-Where abouts are you going to mount the blow off valve, and plumb it back into, now your not using the rear of the stock plenum?-Is there enough room to run the intake pipe over the top and around the back of the intake manifold and have it entering the throttle body as a bend (similar to the N/A intake pipe setup?) I thoight this might keep any pipes from being exposed to the top of the exhaust manifold?Great job anyway!
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 30/10/06 02:41 AM Posted 30/10/06 02:41 AM -Is there enough room to run the intake pipe over the top and around the back of the intake manifold and have it entering the throttle body as a bend (similar to the N/A intake pipe setup?) I thoight this might keep any pipes from being exposed to the top of the exhaust manifold?←there is enough room to run the 2.5" pipe as you descrice, like the N/A, I think this is going to be the next step before he fits the plenum?BOV can be anywhere after the trubo before the throttle body, in that setup I would stick it straight above the turbo and plumb back into the intake straigh below, easy.F6, as for mounting the boost sensor, it can be stuck on the end of a bit of hose if required, a 10mm barded fitting welded in somewhere after the coller, then run a hose to sensor and clamps the hold it on, then you wont need to lengthen the wires for a temp setup, the sensor doesnt need to be earthed, may save some time on your temp set-up.that cooler is HUGE, what are the dims of that puppy, I have a 450-300-80 going in now, but that looks like its around 420-440 high, great work.
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 30/10/06 02:45 AM Posted 30/10/06 02:45 AM A Quick question,What pipe are you running from the turbo to the cooler?, factory or custom?If you are going to go custom I can send you all the bends required (angles) etc, and some pics of how mine came up, easy to do, and worth the effort if your going 2.5 all the rest of the way as the factory rubber is well under 2" id, and has a few crimped down bits to add further restriction.Great work again.Chris
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now