Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 30d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

My Turbo is now 1 week old, and has 1100Kms on the clock.

Today it started 'surging' whilst driving home. I have stopped and started the car a few time and it is still having. It only seem to happen between 2000 and 2500rpm - irrsepective of gear.

Its an Auto, and ive tried it in Auto (Adaptive), Auto (Performance) and manual modes.

It happens under power and when cruising - it doesnt happen all the time but comes and goes. The tacho pulsates when the power surges.

It happens whether I use the cruise control or not.

I have rung 3 dealers and Ford and noone has heard of it or even has any ides what it may be. It is booked in with a dealer for their night shift tomorrow.

I have only used Optimax petrol.

  • potty trained
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

something sounds like it needs attention .....

if the drivetrain is smooth elsewhere other than 2000-2500 than IMO it can be readily fixed and if I had to guess I would put money on a corroded/loose electrical connection ....

I hope I'm right ...

all the best and let us know how it turns out

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 30d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

The dealer had the car last night (they have a service shift from 5pm to 12pm)

Anyway - when I picked up the car they told me it was the VCT. (And that was all they said)

So I took the car and drove off. And guess what aaarrrhhhh THEY DIDNT FIX IT.

I rang them and they are still looking into whether they need part, whether it was supposed to be fixed..... the technician didnt write anything down about the problem.........

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

Cam,

Yeh. Beofre I read your last post I thought it may be the VCT. Sonuds lke it may be advancing then retarding the timing. Hmm. Some early ones had problems where the VCT was stuck open (I think) It may have grit in there.

Keep us posted. :huh:

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

There was a post about this a long time ago, Mondie or Richdave (I think) mentioned that the turbo comes on at 2000RPM and that could be the cause of your power surge.

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

Hi Cam,

You need to get the VCT/Solenoid Update.. I had the same problem.. this fixes it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 18d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

with the grit in the VCT sensor (happened twice to me) the engine surges to 2500 on startup, then idles back at 700 or so, but the idle is REALLY lumpy.

Like XU-1 Torana lumpy...

So it's pretty obvious what it is.

I had recommended to me by the dealer head mechanic that if it happens while driving, run the car down in 2nd from 3000rpm to stall, then turn off and start again. Cleared it up for me. Does something with the cam sensor or something.

Dunno other than that! :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 30d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Hi Cam,

You need to get the VCT/Solenoid Update.. I had the same problem.. this fixes it.

They got back to me and said they downloaded and installed an update and that it still didnt fix it - they are talking to Ford today....

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 30d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
I had recommended to me by the dealer head mechanic that if it happens while driving, run the car down in 2nd from 3000rpm to stall, then turn off and start again. Cleared it up for me. Does something with the cam sensor or something.

Dunno other than that! :)

Thanks for the advise - I will try it.

But I have an auto, so if I just let the car coast down to lowest spped would that do??

Guest booze
  • Guests
Posted

sounds like a f***n pc game - waiting for patches n sh*t! patch v1.02

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...