Exhaust Change

Mals BA XR6T

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 11m 14d

I went to liverpool exhaust this week end and had the centre muffler removed :angry:

took it off the hoist,fired it up-YUK- it sounded sh*t,took it for a spin,seemed to go ok but the sound.

If that's 1.5 decibels ???

Took it to my mates place and got him to do a drive buy,sounded like a peice of sh*t HQ or something,so back to liverpool exhaust to put the muffler section back in.

oh well u dont know these things until u try em!! :thumbsup:

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 20d

Make sure that all the welds are sealed 100%. Mine weren't at first and I know the sound you are talking about..........

However, a quick weld fix and now I wouldn't swap it back for anything. The sound is glorious. :D

• potty trained
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d

it is a great note ... if there is a leak then ofcourse it will sound "ordinary"

mine sounds great and I heard another one yesterday ... sounds great too !! ... reckon "the centres" will be coming off all over the country :thumbsup:

• Member For: 20y 11m 14d

all welds were fine!

5 guys standing around -the guy in the shop fires it up and I look at one of the five as he looks at me-he has the same look as me :nugget: he waits till I say that sounds crap,then agrees,of the other four guys,one pimpley young tossa who would think that a 120y without a muffler is" fuulee sick bro" says

that's cool!

The standard sound is deep,not unlike a v8,and has a little class to it.centre muffler removed to in your face,to much like a wannabe,Maybe im getting old!! :thumbsup:

I heard a nissan gtr thingy,now that sounded sweet,deep,throaty (deep throaty hahahahah) .not obtrusive,

if someone can record it and put a sound file on here then we could all here for our selves

Does anyone who has replaced the whole section or fitted a complete exhaust wanna sell me the middle section?