Exhaust Change

Mals BA XR6T

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 10d

4.7psi!!! that's bugger all!! aren't they suppose to be at 6psi? anyhow CAPA reckon they can boost them to 10psi no worrys....and powerchip reckon they can get 300fwkws with a standard exhaust, with a 3.5 inch turbo back exhaust you could get 350fwkws (maybe) and according to powerchip it would still be fully warrantied!!!! nice!!!!!

Dave.

Guest Mr Walker
  • Guests

Well I might as well jump in then - someone's got to take the bait. What was the gain from doing this Esky & what's the increase in cabin noise. Have you done it and is it as effective on the sedan as on the ute?

Thanks.

And if you're not allowed to tell us yet reply with Yes again.

Guest esky
  • Guests
Well I might as well jump in then - someone's got to take the bait. What was the gain from doing this Esky & what's the increase in cabin noise. Have you done it and is it as effective on the sedan as on the ute?

Thanks.

And if you're not allowed to tell us yet reply with Yes again.

We all know martin knows his stuff. And as he has mentioned here and on other forums, he has obtained significant gains from inexpensive and practical mods. :idea:

In saying that, wait for it to come out. Then you’ll have it in black and white, weigh it up and test it on your own XR.

Going from his quarter mile times, it’s worth the investment alone!!! :sick: He has done a great job....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d

Ok, after talking to a number of people, and exhaust places I still do not have a consistent, regular answer.

Believe it or not, I have had about 4 different answers from 4 different "experts"

1. Replace Cat back with 3" system (2 mufflers)

2. Replace after cat (first flange) with 3" system

3. Remove Centre muffler

4. Remove Rear muffler

Ok, what the hell do I do?? :thumbsup: (I'm still confused)

I'm leaning toward removing the centre muffler as Esky suggested, but also thinking what the difference is between the centre and rear mufflers, because the rear would be easier to remove? Are they similar internally, does anyone know? They look very similar

Guest cul08r
  • Guests

Hi MAl,

go to Phil at Probuilt in Tuggerah for an opinion. He has looked at ANDREWs car and is interested in doing something for it. He has said that he can dyno b4 and after too, so I would suggest a try, He has done numerous exhauste for my cars, past and present...

Andrew

• Member For: 21y 2m 26d

I have had a new 3inch system fitted last week. From the turbo back, high flow cat, resonator, new tip, all mandrel bends. Sounds unbelievable. My economy is better as well (bonus). System was designed by ACT Exhaust in Braddon (Canberra). They also replaced all the mountings with something much more rigid than the standard Ford units. The entire system was painted black for asthetics. These guys know their stuff, I love it. Have no dyno info as yet..

• Member For: 21y 3m 25d
I have had a new 3inch system fitted last week. From the turbo back, high flow cat, resonator, new tip, all mandrel bends. Sounds unbelievable. My economy is better as well (bonus). System was designed by ACT Exhaust in Braddon (Canberra). They also replaced all the mountings with something much more rigid than the standard Ford units. The entire system was painted black for asthetics. These guys know their stuff, I love it. Have no dyno info as yet..

Just out of curiosity, I have a couple of questions. I assume you have a sedan, and is it an Auto

1. Does it still have 2 mufflers

2. Is it stainless

3. and finally, what did it set you back (if it's not a rude question)

Thanks